Going to the Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Going to the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix. What do you want to know about going to this race?

If you’ve been to this race before then please share your experiences here: Where did you watch? Where did you stay and how did you get to the track? Can you share any other tips on attending this race?

You can find more information from fans who’ve been to previous Canadian Grands Prix here:

https://www.racefans.net/groups/going-to-the-monaco-grand-prix-at-monte-carlo/forum/

Gordon
    Participant

I’m heading to the Canadian Grand Prix with my son for the third time and we’re super excited. We have tickets in Grandstand 11, Section 4, Row X for all three days. Would anyone who has seats at the hairpin be interested in swapping Saturday tickets? It would give a nice variety in vantage point for all of us…

John Ward
    Participant

Just bought a 3 day ticket for GS24 (Lance Stroll Grandstand), was hoping to purchase the 3 day trio package, a reserved seat in a different GS each day, but they don’t offer anymore. I’ve sat in GS 24 before and the view was good, watching them brake before the hairpin.

Is there group on here that swaps tickets, for the day?

Sorry Gordon, I only have the one ticket, wish you luck! You will enjoy those seats, I have sat in them many times, only wish they would provide more picnic space behind the stands.

John

Ra-Sewn
    Participant

Just made an impulse purchase to head up to Montreal yesterday for the race and wanted to know the viability of getting last minute tickets (2) in a decent grandstand at a reasonable price?

Worst case scenario, I’ll buy a couple General Admission tickets which I assume will still be available about a day or two out from raceday (Going to race only), but would obviously prefer to sit in a grandstand.

I’m assuming if rain is in the forecast, I’ll have a better opportunity to snag something via a 3rd party site (Stubhub, Viagogo) and if not I’m screwed.

Nevertheless, if any of you guys have seen anyone luck up at the last minute let me know and I would appreciate any additional insight that you guys may advise.

Thanks in advance

John Ward
    Participant

Hi Ra-Sewn,
    I went on the official web site http://www.gpcanada.ca/ and some GS ticket are available,appears only 3 day passes, but I have called them in the past to get the best seat available 514-350-0000 or toll free 1-855-790-1245.

General admission are generally not good for viewing, but it’s the experience of going.

You can always try the scalpers outside the Metro station, but you have to watch for the police, they tend to give the scalpers a hard time , I’ve only used them to trade a set of 2 for 1, had too many tickets.

Good luck,

John

Formula1
    Participant

@Ra-Sewn

There are always tickets available last minute on http://www.kijiji.ca our most used classified site. You can either go on the website or the easier way would be probably to just download the app on your phone.

Jimi
    Participant

I decided a week or two ago to go. I will be in GS46. I last went to the GP in Mtl from 2000 to 2003, a Schumacher won every year so that kind of soured me as did MS being so dominant at the time. But after 16 years I am heading back!

As for tickets this year I called them, like I did way back then. I was able to discuss options and ask for specific seat or row and was able to get Seat 1 on an aisle so I can go up and down with ease, and without disturbing anyone else, for toke breaks!

The weather forecast looks beautiful, Sun all 3 days with a high of 27C on race day, Friday and Saturday are 23 and 25. Last week when I checked the extended forecast, there was a possibility of rain on race day! Not sure which weather I would prefer to be honest. Rain always livens up the GP on Ile Notre-Dame. But where I live we haven’t had a 20C day yet! So, I will welcome the heat and sun!

MtlRacer
    Participant

The circuit has a brand new paddock, but the rest of the city is still under construction!
    If it isn’t the roads being rebuilt, it’s the buildings around being renovated, or BOTH!

Be sure to bring extra PATIENCE with you this year! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.