Going to the Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai

Going to the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai International Circuit

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hi all my name is Daniel I’m from Australia and will be traveling to shanghai to attend the f1 gp this April and have a few questions. 1. How far away in time and km’s is the track from shanghai city itself? 2.where is the best hotel(prefer reasonable priced 5star) to stay at to be able to do a little site seeing and be close to transport (shuttle bus etc.) to get to track? Cheers

Alex green
    Participant

The one ive booked is reasonable 4 star,and it will take about 45-1hr in a taxi to the circuit,around 200 in local currency,but its in the city for touristy stuff and close to a metro and that also will take about an hour to get there,the bund and nanjing road are the touristy bits
    The track is in the north west but it has a metro stop,the free buses are a bit of nighmare,ive only used them to get back into the city they drop you off at at a stadium and then hailed a cab to get to my hotel and as previously mentioned ill take a taxi out and then metro back(metro signs are also in english)
    The metro is cheap and clean and a great way to get about
    Best advice is to get your hotel people to write the name in chinese for you as most cab drivers dont speak english or grab a handful of he hotels business cards and give it to the cab driver in case you get lost
    Just for your info i dont live there,its just past experiences but theres so much building work going on it will all have changed since the last time i was there 2 years ago

Daniel
    Participant

Thanks Alex! Where are you from? I’m looking at the Howard Johnson plaza or the Radisson blu hotel new world, do you know anything about either? And there location? Cheers Daniel

Alex green
    Participant

im from scotland mate,i was looking at both of them aswell lol,location wise the are both fine for the city centre

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Alex hoping to finialize my group in the next fortnight and make a booking. We’ll have to catch up for a beer at the track! I’m looking at stand H where a bouts are you sitting ? Also can you recommend any good Chinese restaurants? Cheers Daniel

Alex green
    Participant

I’m on the first corner sorry can’t remember the letter,yip beer sounds good,the street market food is awesome there

Also, does anybody know why you can’t get tickets to Friday? I can only see Paddock club tickets for the Friday, which isn’t happening… Not made of money. haha

Alex green
    Participant

And got the email saying my tickets have been dispatched and are on the way to my house,happy days

KLCC88
    Participant

@Alex, 2 races in a roll good for you! I’d love to go to Shanghai as that was my first option vs. Malaysia but meetings got in the way of that!…next race for me is Montreal…have weekend gold grandstand package..no more paddocks club for another year! (Wife’s rules!). Have fun in Shanghai..too bad I missed you in Malaysia!

Alex green
    Participant

@chen thanks,back home in scotland just now sorting out my visa,the girlfriend is coming to this one as we as she has never been to china so having a bit of a holiday aswell
    If theres anybody else from scotland on here the new chinese visa centre in edinburgh is fantastic,so much easier than going to the consulate which always used to be a bit hassle if your forms werent 100% filled in correctly

Funkyf1
    Participant

Flights, Accom and tickets (b stand, 1st corner) all booked, still waiting for Visa … Yikes

Alex green
    Participant

@funky Picked my passport complete with shiny visa on weds,all systems are go

KLCC88
    Participant

Safe Flights to those of you heading to Shanghai this coming week….looking for some updates along the way to the Race!

Hi – can anyone help>
    I’m going to be in Shanghai on Sunday and would like to get a ticket for the race – do you think I’ll be able to turn up and purchase one at the circuit?
    Thanks
    :-)

Alex green
    Participant

Yeah you should or just bribe a steward to let you in
    I’m at Amsterdam airport enroute to Shanghai Will arrive 2Mr morning

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.