Going to the Azerbaijan Grand Prix at Baku City Circuit

Going to the 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix at Baku City Circuit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix at Baku City Circuit? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Rob Marson
    Participant

I’m all set for this GP this year…….first time to Baku. Hotel, flights and tickets all ready. Looking forward to a good weekend here.

Alex green
    Participant

I went last year and i posted my thoughts straight after i got back.Remember to sort out your visa asap also
    Last years thoughts
    Great time and great city if anybodys thinking about going next year.Only problem with staying in the old town was that it was blocked off for traffic all weekend so you had to carry your own luggage etc to your hotel from the drop off points.On the plus side i could see the track from my window and it was a joy to get woken up on the friday morning by the gp2 cars(travel had taken its toll)
    Would definetly be changing my grandstand for the next time,i was in mugham but on the plus side(my girlfriend) if she needed the loo etc it was a 5 min walk to our hotel even though the facilities trackside were top notch.Also it was great to be able to wander out of the track to go for a cool down in an air conditioned bar/resteraunt in between the action on the track
    Downside was the voucher system used for food and drink trackside but that was to stop any of the vendors ripping off the circuit
    So will be going again

Karl Edmondson
    Participant

Im flying out to Baku tomorrow and I intend doing the pit walk on the
    Thursday. Looking at the circuit I’m struggling to find the entrance closest to the pit lane. Has anyone done the pit walk at Baku who could point me in the right direction. Any tips with food , drink , pubs etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

Edward George
    Participant

I’m going and went last year also. I live in Baku.

Edward George
    Participant

Karl, head to the gate next to the Park Bulvar shopping centre. You go over the bridge on the main straight to get there. It’s opposite the tall Hilton building.

For food and drink there are many options in the Old City or around Fountain Square (near to the Icheri Sheher stand, outside the circuit).

I’ll be at the pit walk later today so might see you there.

Karl Edmondson
    Participant

HI Edward, thanks for the advice. I’m just back from the pit walk and took my life in my hands crossing some of the roads. I’m going to the itcheri sheyher stand tomorrow so I will have to learn to use the metro. The track walk was really good it’s a shame that only a few circuits facilitate them.

Karl Edmondson
    Participant

Sorry pit lane walk was what I meant to say

Edward George
    Participant

Yes, I enjoyed the pit walk. It was much busier this year than last though. Last year we wandered between garages freely with nobody to block photo opportunities etc.

You shouldn’t need to use the metro, everything is very close and there are a few ways to cross over or under the track.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.