Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Going to the 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    taipan
    Participant

Hi ChristopherF1,

You have chosen a good race to be your first. Combining it with Budapest is absolutely makes it a great weekend. The bus-transfer from budapest to the circuit is very good. We always take the bus to the track and a cab back to the city. In Budapest a lot of good places for partiing till dawn are available!

grtz

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I sorted out my problem, contacted hungaroinfo.com and they said tickets for friday only can be bough on at the track. Can not wait, this will be my first face! Staying in Budapest as well!

James banks
    Participant

Hi

Going to Hungary, first grand prix, very excited. I have to get a flight back home on the Sunday night. What do you recommend as the best way of getting to and from the circuit to make sure I get to the airport on time?

Thanks

James

taipan
    Participant

Hi James,

I would recommend to take a very late flight then or an early fligth on monday-morning, or take a helicopter. Getting away from the Hungaroring is always a slow process… The roads around the track are blocked for more than 6 hours after the race is finished.

James banks
    Participant

Thanks for that info

Whats public transport like?

taipan
    Participant

bus, taxi and Metro is fine in Budapest and to the circuit. In earlier years we went by car from holland and used public transport in Budapest. This year we fly.

ross bell
    Participant

@taipan do most people head away from the race track straight after the race or do they watch the podium and go on the track?

James banks
    Participant

Tickets have arrived :-D

taipan
    Participant

@ross bell, That depends from the location on the circuit where you are sitting/standing. Because the Hungaroring is a short circuit so most of the spectators don’t even have the time to reach the podium…they leave the circuit immediately after the flag. We are sitting at the straight and are definately going on the track! It’s better to wait a few hours befor heading back to Budapest as the traffic is terrible then.

Enjoy!

ross bell
    Participant

@taipan cool im at turn 1 so surely that will be easy enough to get on the track after the race? also the pitwalk how early should i arrive if i want to be right at the front for the big teams?

taipan
    Participant

@ross bell,

We haven’t done the pit walk recently. In the past it was possible to visit the pit on thursday with a lot freedom to walk around. We’re on gold 4 which is in the first corner as well, probably the best place for take-overs due to the drs-zone….

bag0
    Participant

how early should i arrive if i want to be right at the front for the big teams?

@rb246 Im not sure what you mean by that, but the pitwalk is 16:00-19:00 (local time) on thursday.

Kenny McNeilly
    Participant

Me and a mate are going, we have got 3 Corner Gold tickets, so we will have different views over the weekend. Gold 1 on race day should be good for the grid line up. We are camping at Panorama from Thursday onwards. I hear it’s a bit of a walk from the train station, which is fine as we will have a beer stop every 10 minutes ;) Is anyone else camping as we would like to meet up with people to kick back with after the days events on the circuit? My money is on Hamilton to win…..possibly….if Vettel retires!

ross bell
    Participant

@bag0 i mean that i want to be pretty close to the front of the line so i can get to the big teams, so basically what time do people start to arrive at the circuit for the pitwalk?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully tickets will arrive soon! Also are you allowed to bring your own food/drinks? we were thinking about taking few beers in etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.