Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Going to the 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring

• This topic has 43 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Gary.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Jane Smith
    Participant

Third time for Hungaroring :). Tips: if the weather is good it is almost always SCORCHING so take sun cream. Circuit food is average so if you are going by car it is worth stopping off at the large Tesco or Carrefour en route. Remember, grid is offset from the garages: super gold covered grandstand is opposite garages, not grid (unless they have changed it :). If you are walking in to circuit from the nearby village, do take time to stand at the crossroads of Bernie Avenue, where you stand a great chance of watching the drivers come in. They tend to drive in themselves, taking the VIP route off the motorway. Access to circuit is SO much better now there is a motorway bridge over the Danube :) We fly into Vienna and drive to Hungary. Much cheaper flights!

Richard Paquet
    Participant

Just got my seats and row number for the Hungarian GP.
    Can someone tell me where in the Gold 4 grandstand are Sector A and Row 25 located?
    Low, middle or high up in the grandstand?
    And is Sector A of the Gold 4 grandstand closer to the pits or closer to corner 1?
    Thanks!

Oak
    Participant

We have also taken advantage of the cheaper flights to Vienna!
    Has anyone sat in Silver 4 before? Looking on Google Earth it looks like the entrance Gate 6 is nearest, can anyone confirm?
    Also, we are planning to go to the track on the Thursday for the Public Pit Walk. Which entrance gate would be best to head for on the Thursday? We will be travelling by train so walking from Szilasliget for Gate 6 but maybe the Hungaroring station would be better on the Thursday if we need to use a different entrance gate?
    Thanks in advance if you can help!

Jane Smith
    Participant

My experience of the Thursday Pitlane walk is not good. You Have to go in via the main entrance afree queueing and being squeezed for ages. You cannot step off the pavement and so things get a little cozy. Won’t bother this year

Oak
    Participant

Thanks for reply Jane. Think will give Thursday a miss too then. We don’t arrive in Budapest until around 3pm so would be a big rush to get there in time, sounds like might not be worth the effort.

Kip
    Participant

I will give it a try and take the car to the track on Thursday. Does someone know if there often is long queues to the track on the Thursday? Last year in Austria it was a total chaos when all the campers arrived on Thursday and we missed the pitwalk.
    Fri, Sat and Sun we will take the bus or taxi.

Julie Griffiths
    Participant

We were supposed to be going to the Hungarian GP but due to my husband’s work (he’s in the RAF) we can no longer attend. Therefore we have 2 GA tickets plus a booking in Camping II for a motor home plus two people available to sell. We paid £356 altogether (£166 GP tickets & £190 Camping). Will accept a sensible offer. Please get in touch if interested. Thanks.

Tim Kemp
    Participant

Hey guys, Is there a specific day or time that you know of when the drivers will be about for the ‘great unwashed’ such as us to get autographs? Can you get them on the Thursday pit walk? From what i understand it will be a bit of a scrum!!!

Got weekend tickets in Silver 1, anyone have any experience of the views in that grandstand?

Never been to a gp other than Silverstone!

Any opinions or help would be great!

Thanks!

Oak
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    Haven’t been to the Hungarian GP before but understand that yes, you will have a chance to get autographs on the Thursday, although it will no doubt be a bit of a scrum. We aren’t going to try the Thursday because we don’t arrive in Budapest until after 3pm on the Thursday so it will be a real rush to get there in time, but for sure if we were arriving in Budapest earlier we would give it a go. See below feedback on the Thursday from last year that I came across when I was researching which stand to go for – I’d say go if you have the time.
    “We attended the pit walk on the Thursday. We let all the eager beavers through first, waited about 1/2 hour and didn’t expect for a minute to get close to the drivers. But we got great photos of about 10 of them and autographs of the 2 Force India drivers. Getting into the pitlane itself was a mess as those queuing for the drivers blocked the entrance, this needs a bit of thought for next year”
    From the same website (bookf1) found a couple of reviews for Silver 1 if it helps. I’ve never booked through bookf1 but find their reviews really helpful when trying to decide on which stand to book.
    “We had an excellent view of final turn as well as the pit entry and straight. Plenty of German style food available and beer-note no wine or spirits. The race was great plenty of action would definitely recommend.”
    “Long walk from the free bus to the circuit and they need better organisation on the return journey. Everything else was excellent.”
    Have a great time, hope you bag yourself some good autographs!!!

Tim Kemp
    Participant

Hi Oak!,

Thanks for the info! I took my Dad to the Silverstone in season test last year which included a pit walk, but none of the drivers were anywhere to be seen! I did enjoy the pit walk though as some of the teams wheeled out the previous year’s car out the front of the garage which you could take pictures with which was nice.

We get in to Budapest quite early (around 10am) because the airline kept moving our flight forward!Not complaining though if we get to take advantage of the pit walk and get some autographs/pics!

Antoni
    Participant

Going too. Got Bronze 2 seats, personally good view. You get the view of cars exiting the turn and going onto the chicane. Hotels booked. I think were leaving Poland on the 22nd or 23rd of July (keep in mind we are driving there). Will probably make a video of most of the laps, put it together and upload on YT. Anyone else going to Bronze 2?

geo132
    Participant

Just received email from bookf1 that our tickets (2 weekend-general-admission) were dispatched and should arrive on Thursday.
    Got an apartment near the Basilica and from past experience it’s a good location in Budapest.
    The only scary part is traveling to the circuit really because everyone’s complaining about the walk from the bus stop to the gates.
    We’ll be heading on Thursday as well.

Andy
    Participant

4th year on the bounce for me. We’re in Bronze 1 as usual. We tend to get a taxi to and from the circuit. It’s worth the money to whizz down Bernie Avenue and be straight in and out, especially if you can find another couple to share with.

Pictures from last year

Tim Kemp
    Participant

Hi Andy!

Those are some great pics! If you don’t mind me asking, did you use an SLR or a compact/bridge camera? Just curious as to what focal lengths you were using to get those pics!

Andy
    Participant

If you click on the pictures it tells you. I shoot with Fuji-X cameras. Most of the side on ones are at about 100mm on a 50-230mm lens. It’s the only F1 race where to do those type of shots I haven’t be constantly at the far end of the telephoto!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.