Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Going to the 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Participant

I always book mine through gpticketshop and they are fantastic. Have managed to sort me out with specific seats every year. Gone for the 3 corner Bronze for a change this year.

You should have no problem picking up your tickets. The booths are literally outside the main gate that you would need to walk past anyway as you go in.

4 weeks to go!

Mick
    Participant

When you book through the Hungaroring you are directed to GPticketshop Hungary. They wouldn’t post to the UK without a charging a huge fee that I didn’t think was worth it. So apparently they send you an email voucher the week of the race and you present this to the ticket office at the track on Thursday and collect your tickets. I just hoe I get the email voucher before we leave early Wednesday morning to drive to Budapest.

I’m sure it’ll be fine. Am looking forward to it. Never been to Hungary before.

Andy
    Participant

Hungary is a fantastic country and very cheap to boot. Current weather is very hot so hopefully that sticks around!

Triples
    Participant

Hi guys – it’s my first time at Budapest and il be spending 8 days to both tour the city and attend the race. Just got a few small queries please –
    1- The free shuttle bus service from Arpad Had : is it on all 3 days or just on the last day ( race day ) ?
    2- Is the Euro accepted everywhere in the city or do I need to convert to the local currency ?
    3- Is the VIP stand ticket really worth paying that extra 14 % when compared to the SUPER GOLD ?
    4- Anyone has a link or photo of the seating plan for the VIP STAND please ?
    5- Is there a Pitlane walk ? If yes then is it on Thurday and what time ?
    6- Is free wifi available at city for tourists ? Is it available on the Track?
    7- since il be there for 8 days is there any prepaid telecom package that you recommend I should buy ?
    Btw – I’m staying close to the centre of the city if anyone is interested in sharing a taxi or car rental on the RETURN FROM the race and qualifier I’m happy to join :)

foleyger
    Participant

number 1- bus will go on all 3 days
    number 2- I believe from a friend that you need to use local currency
    number 5- Pitwalk is on from 5-7 on Thursday evening.
    Sorry I can’t help you with more

Triples
    Participant

@ MICK – there was some confusion regarding the ticket. It’s because you have two different companies but they are using the same web name . Both are called GPticketshop but one is in Austria and the other in Hungary. Look at the email address and see if it sends in ” .hu ”
    If it does then it’s the Hungarian firm otherwise it’s the Austrian.
    I didn’t discover this until they answered back saying that they don’t have my order: when I forwarded them the receipt they told me it’s another company and they gave me a link.
    The other thing I need to say is that when I ordered the ticket I recieved an automated instantly with an offical ” order number ” and less than 24 hours later I got another Email from them with an attachment containing the ticket voucher. I’m surprised you still haven’t received either. I think you should write to them an check.

Triples
    Participant

Thank you :)

david
    Participant

@Triples
    I am taking my 8.5 year old son to the race. Generally, the heat is not an issue for us, but if he gets tired from the walk to the race park, i may end up taking a taxi, so sharing could be nice

Triples
    Participant

@david – great thanks :)

Andy
    Participant

1- The free shuttle bus service from Arpad Had : is it on all 3 days or just on the last day ( race day ) ?
    Every day (not Thursday). It’s ridiculously busy!

2- Is the Euro accepted everywhere in the city or do I need to convert to the local currency ?
    No Euros anywhere as far as I know. You need to change to HUF.

3- Is the VIP stand ticket really worth paying that extra 14 % when compared to the SUPER GOLD ?
    Personally I wouldn’t go for Super Gold or VIP. They are both the same stand but VIp has the highest rows. It’s covered but what’s the point of sitting on a straight?

4- Anyone has a link or photo of the seating plan for the VIP STAND please ?
    Nope.

5- Is there a Pitlane walk ? If yes then is it on Thurday and what time ?
    Normally on Thursday. It’s very busy and the only entrance is the main grandstand. You are herded down the pit striahgt, in one end of the pit lane and out of the other end. I did it once and would never do it again. There are no drivers present.

6- Is free wifi available at city for tourists ? Is it available on the Track?
    Free wifi is unusual in Budapest. The track does not have any wifi (or even a radio brodacast of commentary). There is normally a decent 4G connection and I use it to listen to 5live commentary and check updates on twitter during the race.

7- since il be there for 8 days is there any prepaid telecom package that you recommend I should buy ?
    Btw – I’m staying close to the centre of the city if anyone is interested in sharing a taxi or car rental on the RETURN FROM the race and qualifier I’m happy to join :)
    Can’t help with this i’m afraid.

Have fun!

foleyger
    Participant

Hey Andy, is there any autograph session with the drivers during the weekend?

Ping
    Participant

Hi all :) Newbie here!

Me and the OH just received our tickets for Hungaroring 2016. We’re seated in Silver 3 and are staying in a hotel in central Budapest (need to check exactly where).

I’ll admit I didn’t do a huge amount of research before booking (*cough* was chatting in the pub about how we really wanted to go to a GP abroad this year, then got home about midnight and… well, you guess the rest *cough*)… so I’m looking for general advice etc. From what I gather from a friend who went a few years ago, it sounds like

– it’ll be unbearably hot
    – buses are horrible
    – taxis are expensive
    – food at the track is expensive

Anything to correct or add to this? What’s our best bet for getting to the track each day? Anything else I should consider?

We’re flying in on Thursday morning and staying until Monday night. Quite excited for this, it’s our first GP on foreign turf :)

Sam Williams
    Participant

I’m heading to Hungary for the first time. Can’t wait for the race. I’m in the Bronze section.

Mick
    Participant

@triples – Thanks for your comments. I’m sure everything is legitimate, but I have to say I’ve been to a few European races and have always had my tickets before I go, and would feel better if they were in my hand. I have emailed them and asked why I can’t get them prior to my arrival in Budapest and am awaiting their reply.

I’ll update this when I get a response.

Phil
    Participant

Hi all.
    Arriving early Saturday morning. 2 brothers and 2 brother in laws. Got private taxi to the circuit. Staying in an apartment in Budapest. Seated in silver 4. The only thing that not sure about is food, restaurants etc. Recommendations would be very grateful.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.