Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Going to the 2017 Hungarian GP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mick
    Participant

Enjoyed Hungary this year so already booked for 2017. A great track with great views and a the city is really nice.

Oak
    Participant

Hi Mick,

Yes, we too enjoyed the whole event again so much this year that we booked again last week for 2017, requesting the same seats as we’ve had for the past two years. Unfortunately, we have now cancelled for a full refund as our preferred stand – Silver 4 – isn’t going to be available next year to ‘non Hungarian Citizens’. Our ticket agent sent the following email yesterday

“I just came back from Hungaroring and the organiser informed me that Silver 4 will not be on sale for 2017 (in spite of the fact that it was on the official price list distributed last week). Silver 4 will be added to grandstand Formula 1 Club (which is adjacent to Silver 4), which is for Hungarian citizens only unfortunately. Sorry for the inconvenience!”

I saw that Silver 4 was still showing as available with Book F1 yesterday so I emailed them to ask if they were able to sell tickets for that stand. Haven’t had a reply from them yet but checking their website today the Silver 4 tickets are showing as ‘sold out’ so presume not!

Having sat in Silver 4 the past two years, just don’t think for us any other stand would match it for the spectacular track views.

Our ticket agent has said he’ll be in touch 2018 if Silver 4 becomes available as he says after next year’s GP the circuit management will start a 4-5 year programme to rebuild most of the circuit facilities.

Really disappointed, going to miss it next year. Consolation Monaco 2017 here we come!

Mick
    Participant

Thats a bit worrying. We also sat in Silver 4 this year and have booked for next year same stand and seats. We’ve had a confirmation that we’ve paid and got the the stand and seats we asked for. We booked through GPTicketshop.

I agree it was the best views. I will be contacting GPTicketshop Monday to see what they say.

Oak
    Participant

Looking at GPTicketshop website this morning they are now showing Silver 4 as ‘sold out’ too. Looks like the news must be filtering down through the ticket agents. Such a shame, our agent offered us Red Bull Stand instead as the same price but it is so much lower down the views won’t be anywhere near as good as Silver 4. Also what we liked about Silver 4 was having the bar right there at the bottom of the steps for refreshments!
    Good luck, hope you get other seats sorted Mick.

Mick
    Participant

I’ve emailed GPTicketshop and am awaiting a reply. If they haven’t responded by tomorrow I’ll be on the phone. Struggling to understand how they could take my booking and money and confirm stand and seats purchased and then not provide them, so I’m hoping It’ll be a case of existing bookings are honoured.

Out of curiosity would you mind telling me who your booking agent is and how far they had they got in booking your tickets before telling you the stand wasn’t avaliable.

Oak
    Participant

Hi Mick,

We used mygptickets.com again this year. We too had bought and paid online and to be fair, the ticket agents wouldn’t have been any the wiser at that stage as when the tickets were released Silver 4 was on the official price list that was distributed by the organisers. Our agent only found out there was a problem the week later when he met with the organisers. Our agent has been great and processed a full refund to our credit card the same day (we did lose £2.68 in the exchange rate but we can live with that!). Our biggest disappointment is that we won’t be able to get our same seats in Silver 4 for next year.

By the way I did hear back from BookF1 yesterday (I’d emailed them to ask about Silver 4 as they were still advertising the seats). They said they will be getting a final decision on Silver 4 from the organisers next week ??? Either they are stalling for time or I suppose it is possible that the organisers are thinking about a U Turn. Hope so for you so you can get your seats in Silver 4 – too late for us, we’ve already booked seats for Monaco next year!

Good luck, let me know how you get on.
    Sue

Mick
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I’ve been in touch with GPTickets.com and the guy who deals with Hungary is in Austria this week for the Moto GP. They say they’ll get back to me next week. All i can do is wait. I might just ring the Hungaroring and ask them. I will let you know the outcome.

Mick
    Participant

Just had an email from GPticketshop.com and they have informed me that the seats I booked in Silver 4 for the 2017 race are confirmed and I will get them.

Not sure if that means the stand will now go back on sale (its currently still showing sold out) or if they are honouring the seats sold before to was taken off sale.

Miko
    Participant

Hi, guys!
    I’m planning to visit my first ever GP next year in Hungary. I’ll get tickets to the Red Bull grandstand and I’ll be there at least on Saturday and Sunday. But I’d like to see the cars and/or teams closer, so what kind of possibilities does the event provide for that? Should I go to pit walk on Thursday? Anything else a first-time GP visitor should know?
    Thank you!

Mick
    Participant

Hi Miko. If you want to get to see the teams and cars up close the pit lane is open on the Thursday but be warned it will be packed. We used to do the Thursday but the crowds are usually so dense that actually you often get to see very little, so to be honest we now don’t bother. Unfortunately F1 does not give the greatest access to the teams and drivers. If you’ve got a decent camera often you can get some really good pictures on the Friday from the main stand opposite the pits.

As far as the weekend is concerned Budapest is a great city and the race track is great. The stand you’ve selected is in a great place and gives good views of a large section of the track. Getting to the circuit you can either use the train or a bus service but they both leave you with a family lengthy walk from the drop of points to the track and can be really busy. I would recommend the taxi service which will collect you from your hotel and drop you right outside the main gate. They are then ready at the end of the day to take you back. The cost is also reasonable and I would definitely say its worth it.

Have a great weekend.

Miko
    Participant

Thanks, Mick. Have a great weekend, as well!

Steve
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I usually go to Spa, camping. However this year her indoors has decided to treat me to a weeks holiday in Budapest with the GP at the weekend, this will be my first time in Hungary, and I have done some research into transport to and from the track, I’m given to believe that both the train and the buses involve Hassle, as in long walks to and from the pick up and drop off points, can anyone verify this?
    I reckon we will end up using taxis due to my Lazyass syndrome. on Sunday however I have treated myself to the chopper ride to and from the race (happy face).
    be grateful for any hints n tips from any Hungaroring veterans.

Thanks

hunocsi
    Participant

@ayeright It’s about a 2km walk from the bus drop-off point (pickup is usually at a Metro/underground station), the walk from the train I think is longer and has more uphill parts (but no bus for Thursdays). And obviously both are packed etc. I don’t know how expensive the taxis are during the weekend but if you can pay for it I guess it’s much more preferable. And I’ve got even less idea about helis but have fun with it :)

Alex green
    Participant

Taxis are usually a set price to and from Budapest,think it was about £15 last year but thats about £30 now with brexit :)

Steve
    Participant

Thanks Guys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.