Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Going to the 2013 Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    infernojim
    Participant

Hi
    Flying tomorrow night and really looking forward to my 7th gp but first in Italy. I have 2 questions-
    1) we’re staying in an apartment near montenapoleane metro. Are we best to aim for garibaldi and then train from there to monza?
    2) I have been struggling to find a full timetable including support race timing for Friday. I know fp1 starts at 10am but imagine there will be something on before then And would like to see everything. Anyone got a link?

That’s all from me and thanks in advance

Jane Smith
    Participant

@infernojim go to http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/italy_905/event_timetable.html I always print off every timetable from here before going to a race. Make sure to have it on local time before you print it out :) My tip? Don’t bother with the free bus at Monza station – lways packed, slow, hot and sweaty. Far better to walk in if you have the stamina :) Beautiful parkland, stunning views :)

Jane Smith
    Participant

Oh, and unless you are in the Pit Straights, remember to take a seat pad or cushion! Seating is on marked platforms so you will need to stake your pitch. I was in 8a Upper last year, quite expense ‘seats’ and it really pee’d me off seeing people in €100-cheaper seats from the lower tiers sneak into our expensive bit, squeezing themselves in on the end! Take something at least as big as your backside – and stand (or sit) your ground….stand for the National Anthem and you lose have a cheek’s worth of space ;)

Vinnie Jones
    Participant

First visit to Monza for me as well. Staying near Milan Central station; tix are for “First outer Variant Stand – A” – lady on the phone at Monza circuit suggested it. Super excited!!! Be there from Saturday AM onwards.

infernojim
    Participant

We’re in 6a / 6b – Alta Velocita!

Thanks for the link to the timetable. Fantastic work.

Cannot wait!

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

Currently in the Hotel della Regione in Monza with Caterham and Williams after 18 hour drive from Dunkerque! Off to the campsite later – bring sun cream as its hot here!

Neil Pearson
    Participant

My first visit to Monza, staying in the Ibis Milano Central near the Central Station, and got tickets for 8A First Outer Variant. Can’t wait!!!

Matt
    Participant

Here’s my review of the event, hope it’s helpful for people who want to go in 2014.

On thursday, we caught the train from Garibaldi to Monza . It takes 15 minutes and they run every 15 minutes. We had to catch the public bus (221 or 204) to the circuit. The pitwalk was very crowded, but worth doing. On the way back we found a gap in the fence to get onto the banking. Words can’t describe how steep it is. It was hard to find our way out on thursday due to a lack of signs. We walked for over an hour to get out of the park !

Friday and Saturday we again caught the train from garibaldi and the Shuttle bus from monza station. It’s still a long walk form the park to the circuit, about 30 minutes to our seats at the Parabolica. The signage was a lot better to the bus stops.
    On sunday we went from Central. We caught the train at 8am, so there wasn’t much of a cue. 2 laps before the end of the race, we walked down to the gate at parabolica and got on the circuit at the end of the race. We were right underneath the podium, getting sprayed with the champagne by the drivers. An amazing experience.
    we had to wait about 90 mins for a train back to milan.

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.