Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Going to the 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    @awizul
    Participant

Hi Daryl,

For Friday & even Saturday the traffic should be ok, however on race day either you take the earliest bus (2-3 hours if possible) as you could or take the subway to KL Sentral & take the KLIA Express.

Cheers

Alex green
    Participant

Not going definitely not going this year………..just booked and bought a k1 ticket still excellent value at £130 for the weekend,sepang no10 for me yipeee

Daryl Baker
    Participant

@awizul Thanks for the info about the travel times, esp on race day, so will look at whats involved on the Thursday as land at 8am so have the day to sort it out.

That’s how I ended up here, already had time booked off work for a lads week in Vegas but it came to nothing, took a look to see which f1 was on that weekend, next thing I know, flights, hotel and seat booked lol

Couldn’t believe how cheap the tickets were so ended up in Crystal, shame I did it on the bookf1 site and not the sepang one, never mind I know for next time.

Whats the night life like in KL? Also not picky at what I eat so up for trying local food anywhere good near KLCC as staying in Traders.

Travelling solo so if anyone wants a meetup for a beer or two let me know.

Alex green
    Participant

Your in Bukit bintang at traders so its all good for nightlife,basically face away from the towers and turn left,and theres some decent bars etc that way,or stick a google map search from traders to the hard rock(about a 15 min walk) and it should bring you past the bars etc,also the sky bar in traders is worth a visit
    Im staying down by the kl sentral this time just for ease of catching the train up to the airport/track but will be kicking about up that way at some pont
    If its your first visit try petlang street night market one night and buy yourself a genuine copy fake rolex,but its actually worth a walk around one evening

Daryl Baker
    Participant

That sounds good to me, just read up about Petaling for food and ‘original copies’ lol Only here for 4 nights before travelling back so just trying to see whats best to do. Did see that they sky bar was worth a visit handy as that will be upstairs from me :)

Yes first time in KL, although was in Singapore back in 94 – take it the climate is roughly the same?

Is it easy to sort out a mobile sim card with some data? My phone is unlocked and has 4G.

Alex green
    Participant

Its hot and sticky
    Loads of sim card providers at the airport arrivals if it hasnt changed from last year

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.