Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Going to the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    @awizul
    Participant

Hi @thecollaroyboys

F is located at the other end of d circuit & u hv to take d circling shuttle bus which during race day the que is long.

This year there’s no big screen at F and d PA system is just enough to follow the race.

It’s too far to walk (13km) to KLIA you still hv to rely on public transport no matter how.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

@kjd2338
    If 5pm finish and 8pm flight you are pushing it really. What is the latest check in time between Malaysia and Singapore? If two hours you have one hour track to airport- its very close but on track exit after the race I would be careful on that- I have done it out of Melbourne GP once- never again- we always stay Sunday night- but please check you connection times. If close time wise hire a Chauffer car from your hotel (meaning your hotel car will pick you up at the track and take you to the airport- they bring your luggage from the hotel with them), it will cost you a bit more but they are cheap in Malaysia and its your designated hire car (We did grap Torro Roso’s by mistake- oops!)

@Thecollaroyboys
    – No you cant walk from the track to the airport (well you can, if time allows). It looks close on the map but you need to do the run around over the freeway. We stay at the Sama Sama which is basically opposite the airport and that’s about 15 min taxi ride. It looks like you can hit a golf ball there, but its further than you think.

I am not sure where F stand is but there are two under walks from the main grandstand that take you out either side of the pits just near the Paddock, so you may get access there, but not too sure to be honest.

Enjoy, I cant wait for this one- meant to be the last but I don’t think it will be !!

Homer

cduk_mugello
    Participant

Hi @awizul

Thanks for your advice, I booked tickets in the main grandstand on the sepang circuit website. Really excited now!

And to answer your earlier question I’m not from Mugello but I do have distant relatives over there :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just bought the ticket for the K1 grandstand, first time going to an F1 race (or any kind of race, really) so would like to know what the actual program for the weekend is like.

I’m flying in on Friday afternoon so I’m probably going to be there on Saturday and Sunday only and I’m flying out on Monday just to avoid the hassle.

I know there’s usually an autograph session but what’s else is there on Saturdays and Sundays in terms of off-track activities?

Nigel Phillips
    Participant

After Race Concert: Does anyone have any info on this. Ive booked to stay at the airport Sunday night so im want to do something after the race.

Teddy Indra
    Participant

@philln01 The after race concert is going to be performed by local & South East Asia artists.
    Source

Nigel Phillips
    Participant

Thats a shame for the last one they’ve had some big names in the past

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

It looks to me that the organisers are just running out the click on this one. Pity about the entertainment but who knows, the local acts might be awesome.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

*clock*

Damn autocarrot.

cduk_mugello
    Participant

So only a few weeks to the race but the timetable isn’t yet confirmed… I was wondering about support races etc. Can’t seem to find any news…

reeop
    Participant

Hi all maybe its been asked before but would someone clarify the pros and cons of selecting a Main Grandstand (614MYR), K1 Grandstand (392MYR) vs F Grandstand (281MYR)? Currently thinking that K1 Grandstand would be a decent option to see first corner action but someone mentioned that F too offers a good view.

And anyone else going wants to make a F1 Fanatic viewing group on race day? We can create a Whatsapp/FB group.

Finally best way to find a taxi back to the airport post-race in case waiting for shuttle takes too long, will logistics and traffic be an issue or is 1h enough to get out and get to the terminal (e.g, leave by 16 arrive around 17 or before 18 latest to the airport? Thanks!)

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

I think transport back is always an issue isn’t it? I’m in the main grandstand and yes, let’s get a F1F group going. We could share a taxi or, at worst, have somebody to talk to while waiting for the shuttle.

@awizul
    Participant

At K1 u’ll b able to catch some overtakings especially during the start of the race. At F u’d see almost 50% of the track action but this year there’ll b no big screen so u’d something else as ref. F also located at the other side of the circuit, u’ll need that shuttle bus circling the track. I’ll b at K1 & yeah, why not gather on 1 of d day especially Friday where all GS are open for all ticket holder.

Teddy Indra
    Participant

@cduk_mugello I’ve asked about this via Sepang’s website live support & they said that the spectators guide will be available two weeks before the event, coincides with Singapore GP.

Ashley
    Participant

Hey everyone,

If anyone from here is interested in a meet up during the race pm me I’ll set up a whatsapp group to arrange if people are interested.

I will be heading there early Friday morning from Singapore with two other f1 fans staying in Kl Sentral and sitting main grandstand!

Ashley

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.