Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Going to the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix at Singapore

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Adaptalis,

The list you have provided there is great :) i have a couple of free days either side of the grad prix to explore the city!! thank you very much!

roberttty
    Participant

Check out the weather forecast for Singapore this week:
    http://www.formula1.com/default.html

You guys may want to bring your brolly.

But I still think it will not rain come race day.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Rain was forcast for every afternoon during last year’s race and I swear we didn’t have a drop in the whole week we were there. We were actually looking forward to some rain because it was so damned hot! Leaving for SG tomorrow, yibbida yibbida!

czhihong
    Participant

Like the past 4 years, I’ll be there. Can meet up for a beer with any of your guys! I’ll probably reach the track at ~7pm for friday, and mid afternoon for the weekend. Drop me a pm or mention, will be checking the website on my phone from time to time. Cheers! Can contact through twitter too, same name as my username here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys!!

So Im here and wow this place is amazing!! Had a wander down to the track yesterday and that looks good too :) If free too if anyone wants to meet up. I have a singapore mobile now (altho im not entirely sure of the mobile number!! lol) if you fancy meeting up for a beer/lunch give me a shout. Once i work out my singapore mobile i can PM it to those that get intouch.
    Ciao for now :)

DaveG
    Participant

hey claire and all.
    I only managed to check out one watering hole last night but was a bit far out. Free for a beer either lunchtime, pre first practice on the track or betwee p1 and p2. Anyone know of a good venue?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dave,

there is a hawkers market (cheap food) called Lau Pat Sat near Rafffles Place MRT. I was going to check it out last night but i didn’t have time before the subway shut. Im guessing that it would be like the one at Newton Market, relatively cheap food and beer.

Are you going for the Ferrari Cup/ Porsche racing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

okay, so i have *finally* found out what my singapore mobile number is, if anyone wishes to meet up for a beer or lunch, give me a shout out on twitter (@claire105) and i will be able to PM you that way as the phone i have got isn’t that hi-tech and i can’t read this website on it!!

Prateek727
    Participant

Finally took the plunge and bought raceday walkabout tix a couple of weeks ago. Arrived in Singapore yesterday, and I’d be keen to meet you f1fanactics anytime before, during or after the race.

I’m staying in Bugis, stones throw away from some good, cheap hawker centres. If anyone would like to meet for lunch / a beer, PM me here or on twitter (@prateekgirdhar)

DaveG
    Participant

Ok. I’m having problems with twitter so here’s my best effort :-) I will be at the Seafood Centre, Pagoda Street, Chinatown at 1pm today Sat. Opposite the heritage centre.Dont know what tje food is like but the beers are cheap!

DaveG
    Participant

Oh, grey hair, light green shirt…:-)

doodie111
    Participant

Anyone like a good curry? Ripping place in Little India – Khansama. http://maps.google.com.au/?q=Khansama+Tandoori+Restaurant&cid=7471716468792523968

Thinking perhaps a meet up there tomorrow, Sunday, around noon? Will gauge interest before I head there.
    What else is everyone up to/for?
    Posted a few tourist and FP1/2 shots over at:
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/going-to-the-singapore-grand-prix-at-marina-bay/forum/topic/2012-singapore-grand-prix-your-pictures-and-video/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dave,

I’m staying in Chinatown!! Could probably meet you for lunch before i head to the track. Im heading there early as I want to see if I can get a wristband for maroon 5 that are playing tonight!!

if you have a mobile that works you (or anyone that wants to meet up) can catch me on 65 82875237. If not i’ll be back at the track at about 6ish or just after.

Thanks for joining in here everyone, there’s a new thread for next year’s race here:

Going to the 2013 Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.