Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Going to the 2013 Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Dave Hartley
    Participant

Like you guys I’m off to Singapore (Turn 2, A3). I’m trying to work out what to take – is it worth trying to take a radio so that you can hear whats going on elsewhere around the track (and combine this with some ear defenders)?

Oh and I trust that everyone has bought their Justin Bieber closing ceremony tickets!?

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@Dave Hartley
    I can’t recall any other commentary available except for FanVision. I gave it a shot last year and it was OK-ish but now it’s gone altogether. The on-track commentary is easily heard but you do need hearing protection particularly in the T1/T2 area as it’s a bit of a bowl and seems to be louder than when I was sitting on pit straight. So commentary is a problem. Let us all know if you find an alternative.
    I’ve got my two teenage sons with me so they wouldn’t even know who Beiber is, thankfully.

Wade
    Participant

@Thecollaroyboys
    Yeah I am very close to you in row 16, so I will see you there, good to see you decided to go! Was that where you sat last year?
    With the on track commentary, I purchased 2 Nova GP 5000 eaf muff radio’s they have a antenna to tune in or a aux port to plug uhf or radoi into. I got mine form a ebay seller right before this years Australian GP, the Aus GP site also had them for sale, and some track stores did also. If you contacted Australian GP shop by email they will give you the contact details if you want to buy. They are great value for around $50 – $60!

Does anybody have any tips, good spots to view and take photos while doing a track walk around on the friday?
    I am sure there are some spots not to be missed so let us know..
    Thanks

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@wade
    Yes, row 15, seat 10 11 12. Give us a wave, I’m with my two boys.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

I meant to say row 15 was our posse last year.

Martin Farrington
    Participant

Cant wait.. just hope theres a bit of controversy….;) See you there !

Mankster
    Participant

I found I could still follow the on track commentary even when wearing earplug if your fairly near the front where the speakers are. They were selling thoses ear defenders with built in radios for aroun $50 before the race.

Dave Hartley
    Participant

@Mankster Thanks, so I guess there is radio to tune into if you can’t hear it. We’ve picked up some ear defenders for about £20 each off Amazon as well as some ear plugs. Not long to go now, looking forward to it!

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Musicians earplugs are a good, but not a too cheap option. The difference to the industrial ear protection plugs is that the freq response flat and they just cut the decibel level by x. My plugs are set to 20db which takes the sting out of standing in front of a Mesa Boogie turned up to 11. I can easily get the on track commentary as well as the full noise of the cars without dulling the aural experience.

Mankster
    Participant

That’s it, track commentary is broadcast on the FM band, so you can ouck it up with any radio, so you can use ordinary eardefenders and in-ear ear plugs connected to a regular radio if you wish.

tom
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I’m going to Singapore GP next week. Does anyone know about drivers parade time on sunday? Thanks

Alex green
    Participant

@tom 1 1/2 hrs before the race starts
    I arrive on the thursday staying in the mandarin on orchard

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@tom
    I think it was about 6pm last year. Once they release the actual schedule rather than the one on the website you’ll see it on there.

Mankster
    Participant

The drivers parade will be at 18.30. It’s 1.30 hr before the start of the race at every F1.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Aha, just looked at last years program and @mankster is right again.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.