Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Off-Track Entertainment Schedule?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Rigby
    Participant

Well not long now! Looking forward to my first Singapore Grand Prix, having made it over to Japan’s Suzuka Circuit for last year’s Japanese Grand Prix. I managed to bag a couple of seats in the Turn 2 Grandstand.

It looks to be an impressive line-up so far for the off-track entertainment! Has anyone been before or does anyone have a schedule for the artist performances etc.?

Thanks in advance…

Mankster
    Participant

I have been a few times and will be in T2 as well. The schedule won’t be know till the FIA confirms the the timings of the support races and practise sessions ( typically late August). Usually the headlining end of day concerts at the Padang stage start on the half hour after FP2, Qualifing and the Race. With the race on Sunday pretty much lasting the full 2 hours, there is precious little time to make your way to the Padang in time for the start of the concert. The smaller concerts in Zone one stage tend to be before inbetween track sessions. It right next to the back of T2 Grandstand.

If you are scouting a route back to the Padang, best avoid anything that takes you through the pedestrian underpass by Turn 8 which is a bottle neck as roadtrack behind the Bay grandstand. They do open the track infront of the Bay Grandstand on the Sunday though exclusively for those in Zone 1.

Jamie Rigby
    Participant

Thanks for the swift response, Mankster. Have to say the hype around the Singapore Grand Prix is pretty impressive and everything I’ve read and seen of previous years looks amazing.

I was looking through this link based on last year’s event, which gives some idea of timings (at least of the track action):
    http://www.singaporegp.sg/raceguide/paddock-club-ticketholders/schedules

Thank you again for the detailed information, will definitely come in handy and I’ll study the circuit maps a little better shortly, too.

By the way; just out of curiosity (judging from the forum name), are you flying out from Manchester?

Mankster
    Participant

No, I am flying from London. That’s my TA forum name. I wrote an extensive Tips list for the F1 for fist timers. It’s reproduced here somewhere too.

Mankster
    Participant

No, I am flying out of London. It’s my TA forum name. I wrote a Tips list ( also published here somewhere) which might be useful for first timers…..
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i23030-Singapore_Formula_1_Grand_Prix.html

Jamie Rigby
    Participant

Thanks again, matey. I’ll have a search now and see if I can find the page you posted on with all the tips… if you find it before I post a link do let me know :)

Cheers…

Mankster
    Participant

Most strange, I reply I posted last night ( #301752)with a link, appears today out of sequence.

Alex green
    Participant

Just remember its a night race and dont start at raffles with a singapore sling at 11 30 am lol
    Great place for a gp,just buy a normal metro card dont bother with the tourist one and chuck 10 sing(about a fiver) on it and thats your transport sorted and still have enough on it to take you back to the airport for your flight home

goondu86
    Participant

Top tip from a local boy: Bring your own water in! Last year they did allow each person to bring in 1 bottle of water each. Stay hydrated!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.