Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Where to stay in Singapore?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Where are the best places to stay if you’re going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Singapore?

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

The Novotel at Clarke Quay is a short walk to the Gate 5 area and has endless restaurants and a supermarket in the building basement. The MRT is about 5 mins away if you need to get to Gate 2 or 1. This is a good 3/4 star hotel that won’t break the bank, good breakfast usually included.

Jev
    Participant

is there any gate close to the stamford gs? and would it be a short walk from the marina mandarin hotel?

it was quite a long walk last year from the ritz carlton to gate 2 to get to the turn 2 gs…

raymondu999
    Participant

Wouldn’t the swissotel be a good choice? Or whatever that hotel is that is directly at the City Hall MRT

Journeyer
    Participant

I like staying at the Pan Pacific when I’m in Singapore. It does get a bit pricey during the GP weekend, but the price hikes aren’t as bad as they used to be. Lovely place to stay at, though, even on non-F1 weekends.

@Jev – The closest gate I know from the Marina Mandarin is the one at Marina Square. There’s a bit of a walk there too, but nothing like the walk from the Ritz Carlton to Gate 2.

Jev
    Participant

Thanks guys…

I will consider both hotels, the Swissotel and Marina Mandarin. They seems to be very close to Gate 3, but I understand that during race weekend there maybe some re-routing.

Should not be more than Ritz to Gate 2 though…

Shomir
    Participant

Last Year i watched the Singapore GP from the Swissotel, you can see quite a large section of the track from there, unfortunately most of the action happens on other parts of the track!

But the view was Breathtaking! :)

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

I tried to book a couple of hotels including, I think, the Swissotel near gate 2 and one of the others. Both were block booked and had nothing available for the weekend. I just booked at the Novotel Clark Quay, saved about 20% by getting in early

Jev
    Participant

I have just booked a night race early bird (non track view) package thru the swissotel stamford website yesterday, very close to Stamford grandstand.

Some of the trackside hotel have just published their night race package so if you would like to check them out, swissotel stamford, fairmont, marina mandarin, conrad centennial to name a few…

Journeyer
    Participant

@thecollaroyboys They’re block-booked by the F1 teams. You can actually hang out outside the hotel to see the personalities or even get an autograph and picture with them, if that’s your kind of thing.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

We had the Lotus team in our hotel last year, only ran into the techs though. Drivers we probably somewhere flash.

Wayne Whitaker
    Participant

If it’s four or five star you’re after, Orchard Rd is the best value. Marina Bay, Clarke Quay, City Hall jack up the rates too much. I stayed in Geylang for my 09 return visit. The Fragrance Emerald. Handy to Kallang shuttle bus and cheap, less than$100/night. It is in the red light district but like Singapore, quite safe.

Mankster
    Participant

I stayed at the PanPacific Marina in 2010 and 2011. Never paid more than S$360 per night. You need to book early for these rates, when travel sites with block bookings still have an allocation of rooms.

marcus
    Participant

Living and working in Singapore I would recommend looking at the Park Royal Hotel on Beach Road – I happen to work in the office building attached to it and have attended the last three F1 races in Singapore.

Its not the flashiest hotel by a long shot, but actually one of the closest to the paddock – a 10 min walk or so – and great for turns 1,2 & 3. Force India stayed there in 2011 and you’d see the engineers walking off to the track at 2pm plus, as did the Pirelli people and I believe the BBC crew – pretty sure I saw a rather sweaty looking Martin Brundle. In 2010 Virgin Racing stayed there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.