Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Going to the 2015 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2015 Spanish Grand Prix.

Ty
    Participant

Can’t wait ticket and hotel booked

Sue
    Participant

Very excited we are booked!

John
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what the situation is with bringing alcohol to the track? I’ve read that they search bags and take your beer!

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

Hi John,Plastic bottles of beer were allowed to be taken into the circuit up until 2013.
    Last year (2014) even though it said alcohol in plastic bottles was allowed, the security staff were searching bags on entry to the circuit and taking alcohol off everyone, although there were a few who managed to get some through, which is not surprising as the beer is 8 euros a pint and 11 euros for what they say is a litre.
    I have purchased tickets this year direct from the track and have printed them out. There is nothing to say either way on these tickets.

Ty
    Participant

They allowed alcohol Friday and Saturday.
    On Sunday, alcohol we taken off people. When I asked why they allowed us to bring it in on Friday and Saturday, They pretended to understand English😠😠😠😠

Martin Reid
    Participant

I’ve booked Flights and Hotel, but read online you are not allowed in with an SLR Camera – Does anyone know if this is correct – If so how can a member of the paying public take photographs of the event from a public spectator area??

John
    Participant

Thanks for the info!

That’s mad that they were not allowing alcohol. I read somewhere that you can lob beer over the fence at some parts of the track. Seems a bit over the top but so are their prices.

Damian Maguire
    Participant

Martin, did you ever get an answer on taking a SLR camera?

Martin Reid
    Participant

No I didn’t get a very detailed reply – I emailed the circuit after receiving email confirmation of my tickets and the response was “I cannot not confirm you can take your camera to the circuit as cameras and video equipment are not allowed.”

F1 Racing magazine couldn’t confirm either suggesting I phone the circuit direct – though they did say bags are searched and it may depend on the individual who searches your bag whether you can get your camera in or not- However, I’ve no confidence in phoning the circuit I may get conflicting information. So I’m afraid the DSLR will have to stay at home….much to my disgust!

Damian Maguire
    Participant

I’m leaning towards leaving the DSLR at home as well, seems too much of a lottery as to whether it will be allowed in.

Damian Maguire
    Participant

I ended up taking an old temperamental EOS 400d and kit lenses that I was prepared to sacrifice but had no issue bringing them in. Security looked in the camera bag but didn’t pass any comment. There were a few others around me with DSLRs or Mirrorless system ones aswell.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.