Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Going to the 2019 United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2019 United States Grand Prix. What do you want to know about going to this race?

If you’ve been to this race before then please share your experiences here: Where did you watch? Where did you stay and how did you get to the track? Can you share any other tips on attending this race?

You can find more information from fans who’ve been to previous United States Grands Prix here:

https://www.racefans.net/groups/going-to-the-united-states-grand-prix-at-circuit-of-the-americas/forum/

Stuart Kent
    Participant

Think the link in Keith’s first post should be to https://www.racefans.net/groups/going-to-the-united-states-grand-prix-at-circuit-of-the-americas/forum/

My wife and I are going to COTA for the first time this year. We picked seats near the top of the turn 9 grandstand, which seemed a good balance of price and circuit coverage. We’ll definitely be checking out the views from the turn 1 GA area too though!

Does anyone know if COTA tends to be accessible on the Thursday of the race weekend?

elchinero
    Participant

We are going to CotA, also. “Pre-ran” the track access a few years back. Upscale deal … staying in Bastrop … our seats are top of Turn 12 … driving in from San Felipe, Baja … for a “Lonestar” (or 5)

Ben
    Participant

Just booked tickets to come over for the race weekend for my 40th. Went to Monaco for my stag do in 2015, so thought this would be a good way to enter my 40s!
    Managed to get flights from UK, hotel, car hire, car parking and Upper Tier Turn 1 tickets for whole weekend for £1300 each which we thought was fairly good!
    Staying in San Marcos and driving in from there.
    Any tips from others greatly received!

elchinero
    Participant

San Marcos a good, EZ choice … track is east of I-35. SM has all sorts of chain stores … a microcosm of the US of A. If you have time or desire, prerun out to the course and lay down a GPS trail. Have a “Lonestar”

Ben
    Participant

Cheers!
    We land Thursday night so probably won’t have too much of a chance to get there before Friday.
    Glad San Marcos is a good choice. Looked good on the map 🤣🤣

elchinero
    Participant

I have NOT been to the race (yet) but was driving by COTA (I-10) and took a look … place is very nice … country “Farm-To-Market” roads , aka “FM” on highway signs. Go figure. Friend went and had seats like yours: was stoked at visibilities.

Ben
    Participant

I was taken by the views in Turn 1 grandstand and thought as it’s my birthday, why not 🤣🤣

elchinero
    Participant

At your hotel (or what ever) ask where the best/better Bar-B-Q joint is … pig, cow, maybe buffalo … and drink a “Pearl”. “Monaco” in a minute … Ferrari … duh …

Ben
    Participant

Will do! When we went to Monaco, we stayed over the border in Italy and found an amazing burger and rib place so looking forward to repeating that in the States!
    Less said about Ferrari the better for today! Hopefully they can pull a strategic master piece out the bag but their reputation does not predict this….

Teresa Askew
    Participant

Hi Ben, we’re also heading over from UK and in T1 Grandstand :-)

elchinero
    Participant

Now, ya’ll be careful, ya heah! Try “Tex-Mex” chow, too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.