Formula Two

2013 GP2 teams and drivers

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 408 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@portugoose I’m not sure about de Jong, who, as far as I remember, only tested for Coloni. Regalia could go to iSport, for which he tested, or another team such as Ocean. Ericsson, in my opinion, isn’t rated too highly now but DAMS could try to do what they did with Valsecchi, i.e. pick an experienced driver and hope he wins the title. I also thought Pic was likely at DAMS, although he hasn’t tested for them yesterday and today, but that depends on whether they get Evans, Nasr, Richelmi or Haryanto or two of them together.
    I also think Foresti is most likely for a Caterham seat.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Now that Charles is at Caterham, could we see Arthur in a Caterham, as well? Foresti could go to GP2 but WSR is also likely given he has experience with the car.

I wonder if the prospect of Antonio Felix da Costa returning to Formula Renault 3.5 will make the prospect of racing in GP2 more appealing…

Ryan Williams
    Participant

Formula Renault 2.0 and AutoGP team MP Motorsport has joined the series for 2013. They have already confirmed Daniel De Jong for the 2013 season http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2012/11_November/MP-Motorsport-joins-GP2-Series/

I wonder if they’ll go for Nigel Melker to fill the 2nd seat and thus field an all-Dutch team?

Ryan Williams
    Participant

Nasr has joined Carlin: http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2012/11_November/Nasr-joins-Carlin-for-championship-assault/

This leaves 2 open seats at DAMS for 2013, are they eyeing up Mitch Evans?

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I predicted Nasr to go to Carlin I was pretty much certain he would’ve gone there. Whilst many teams have tested their regular drivers, Nasr only tested for Carlin, whilst DAMS tested several different drivers, indicating they were looking somewhere else for their line-up.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m more interested in what Carlin are going to do. With Nasr signed, either Rio Haryanto or Max Chilton has to leave. I’m betting both of them will: Chilton will step up to Formula 1 with Marussia, while Haryanto will go to another GP2 team – DAMS, I’m guessing – to make way for Tio Ellinas.

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

@ryanwilliams Yeah, but for me he will continue with arden, just a prediction, very hard to know because they test for Dams tested many drivers

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys I think Chilton will go to Marussia F1, and for me, Tio Ellinas will do another GP3 season because this year was his first, so, he will try to fight for the title next year.

Ryan Williams
    Participant

@gabrielfernando I would be very surprised to see Mitch Evans end up anywhere other than Arden

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

@ryanwilliams That’s right.
    Let’s wait, december is the month that starts the GP2 negotiations.

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

@ryanwilliams But Dams is the hardest team to guess something, take 2012 as an example, Nasr just showed up in the march tests I think.

Ryan Williams
    Participant

Jolyon Palmer has been revealed as Carlin’s 2nd driver for 2013 http://www.carlin.co.uk/news/Palmertargets2013titlewithCarlin.htm

This all but confirms Max Chilton at Marussia for next year

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

@ryanwilliams Interesting line-up of Carlin, one guy that will probably fight for the title(Nasr) and another that can impress (Palmer) as an experienced driver.He can fight for the title too.

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

And the question: Where will Haryanto go next year?
    I think he will go Dams.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 408 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.