Formula Two

2017 F2 drivers and teams

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Croatic
    Participant

I digged through Orudzhev’s social network profiles and googled it, but didn’t find the answer, so considering it really bugs me, I must ask – what is the deal with “Salute the MILF”, what does that mean and why is he wearing that on his helmet (I doubt he’s saluting Lisa Ann, so I wanna know xD )

Just five names confirmed so far and most of them are newcomers to the series. Here’s who will be where including notes on which are rookies (R) and which have F1 teams backing them:

ART

TBC
    TBC

Racing Engineering

Gustav Malja
    Louis Deletraz (R) (Renault)

DAMS

TBC
    TBC

Campos

TBC
    TBC

Russian Time

TBC
    TBC

Rapax

TBC
    TBC

Trident

TBC
    TBC

Status

TBC
    TBC

Carlin

TBC
    TBC

Prema

Charles Leclerc (R) (Ferrari)
    Antonio Fuoco (R) (Ferrari)

MP

Sergio Sette Camara (R) (Red Bull)
    TBC

Arden

TBC
    TBC

MattyPF1
    Participant

No more Red Bull backing for SSC anymore. Not sure what to think of that though. He should have won at least one race but he got very unlucky at times (including having a pole position stripped cause of an engine penalty). When he had pace, he proved it (Macau and Masters of F3 spring to mind) but he should’ve been quicker than Kari. Eriksson was fantastic but SSC should’ve been on par with him considering his age and experience in the series

PorscheF1
    Participant

The AOR phrase ‘5-way horse’ fight gets an all new meaning here,…

@MattyPF1 I thought Macau might have been enough to keep him in but this is Red Bull after all so it’s not a huge shock if he’s been dropped.

MattyPF1
    Participant

@keithcollantine I was thinking the same. I mean, he was leading the main race comfortably until the safety car came out. And even then, he lost out to 2 drivers who are 2 time winners of the race so that shouldn’t be a proper judging point of how good or bad he may be, but if you ask me, he done very well all weekend. His pace was worthy enough to be on the podium and that’s what he got. And I don’t quite understand why Luis Leeds got dropped either. Was a title contender in British F4 all the way through but his Toyota Racing Series campaign hasn’t been going well so far. Either Red Bull saw that coming or his less than average results are a result of poor confidence and motivation after being dropped

MattyPF1
    Participant

Getting off topic with that last past so I must say this, where will Giovinazzi end up? All the best seats besides ART and DAMS are taken but even those teams have a highly predictable yet to be confirmed driver lineup so where will he end if he decides to juggle both GP2 and his Ferrari commitments at the same time?

MattyPF1
    Participant

Well our hopes of seeing Salute The Milf in GP2 are more than likely thrown out of the window now as Egor has signed a deal with AVF to continue in F3.5 V8

MattyPF1
    Participant

For 2017 I mean

WheelToWheel
    Participant

@lolzerbob If it happens, the drivers get more superlicence points:

FIA reveals F1 superlicence points changes

Arden have picked up two-time 2016 race winner Norman Nato from Racing Engineering plus ex-Campos driver Sean Gelael for 2017.

A few big names have fallen into place on the GP2 grid. Nicholas Latifi returns for another year at DAMS and will by joined by Oliver Rowland who’s finally got a team worthy of his potential.

And Honda’s Nobuharu Matsushita gets a third season at ART.

Busy week in GP2: Now ex-Racing Engineering man Jordan King lands a place at Manor MP.

WheelToWheel
    Participant

Seems like a backwards step. He had a good chance at the Manor F1 seat if not for their collapse. He had all his expectations on that so RE were able to get two new drivers before he got into contact with them. MP are a backmarker squad, and if King wants to mount a title challenge this isn’t the way to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.