Formula Two

GP2 Britain 2012

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bullfrog
    Participant

Visoiu yes, he was immense on a drying track this morning. If he keeps this up, not a bad bet for the youngest ever F1 driver.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

And they say Romanians can’t drive.

damonsmedley
    Participant

So much hate for Esteban on Twitter, but seriously, he was pushed wide and rejoined safely… There was room, but he lost control. It wasn’t as if he did anything dangerous, was it? There was no aggressive moves or swipes, he made a mistake and unfortunately took out another driver. I’m not sure what happened afterwards but I hope he doesn’t get a penalty.

Both Lotus drivers get ten-place grid drops:

http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2012/07_July/Silverstone-Sprint-Race-Penalties/

I think Gutierrez has got off lightly there. He clearly rejoined the track in an unsafe fashion and, in doing so, took out another car and benefitted from having done so. Given that I’m surprised their let him keep fourth.

Lin1876
    Participant

I’m actually not sure about Gutierrez’ penalty, seems harsh to me. I don’t think he rejoined the track in a particularly unsafe manner, and had he not lost control he would have got away with it. Equally, had Checotto not been there he would have gotten away with it as well. Harsh on Checotto who drove a good race, but that’s racing.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Doesn’t seem very consistent – surely Gutierrez would’ve got a drive-through or stop-go if he’d done that to Cecotto earlier in the race, and therefore a time penalty for knocking him off on the last lap. I thought they applied penalties to classified results first, and only carried them forward if the driver wasn’t classified.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.