GT Racing

Perez to contest Rolex 24h at Daytona with factory Aston Martin team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Atticus
    Participant

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9d2e12469adbad7c06238c0ef&id=bad460d752&e=

Great news – I wonder if there’s something more to it in terms of the Force India-Aston linkup.

JackySteeg
    Participant

I was pretty excited to read this earlier, but it appears he’s simply a partner to the project, and not a driver, which is a bit of a shame. The Rolex 24 being in the off-season for most championships means it arguably boasts the widest variety of drivers in motorsport. Drivers from IndyCar, NASCAR, the WEC and touring cars do the race — an active F1 driver is long overdue.

Atticus
    Participant

@jackysteeg Yep, that’s in the top 3 for me, at the very least, on the most misleading story titles list. This unethically opportunistic move paints a disappointing picture about the dire state of affairs in the modern press where clicks selling online trump everything else, including the bare minimum of clear writing. (Instead of the old days, when it was only the magazine cover that had to lure readers.)

I can take titles which do not reveal the whole picture (e. g. ‘This driver will NOT start the race tomorrow.’) because it’s still pretty clear cut – but I can’t take misleading things, leave them to detective stories.

Of course, I’m also pretty embarrassed of myself for falling for the utterly poor move this was.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.