IndyCar

2014 IndyCar Grand Prix of Alabama

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    sushant008
    Participant

It’s 3rd round of the season now, held at the Barber Motorsport Park in Alabama. I like this track. Cars look really good on it. It was a good race last year as well. The only thing I don’t like is this track only has one or two passing zones. Still it’s gonna be a cracking race. Hoping that someone could repeat last year pass of Charlie Kimball on Will Power. It made my day.

More info about the event: http://www.barbermotorsports.com

P.S. I created this topic today only to beat @jb001 this time! He always starts topics earlier than me ;)

Delta Golf Sierra
    Participant

The weather for Barber is looking good. Just a slight chance of afternoon/evening showers and thunderstorms Friday and Saturday, with high temperatures around 80.

Forecast for Barber HIGPA

SP
    Participant

Should be a good race, I’m curious to see if RHR can repeat last year’s success.

sushant008
    Participant

First practice results:

sushant008
    Participant

FP2 results:

Highlights:

SP
    Participant

Hunter-Reay looks like a strong pick right now, hard to rule out Power and Dixon though.

sushant008
    Participant

It’s Will Power on pole:

SP
    Participant

Looks like the start is delayed due to a tornado warning.

andae23
    Participant

What is it with tornado warnings this season? :P

Bradley Downton
    Participant

What channel can I find this on? :)

SP
    Participant

BT Sport. 9pm is the new start time.

sushant008
    Participant

Good race IMO. Enjoyed it. Shame about the yello flag finish though.
    Final results:

Plenty to enjoy here – Hunter-Reay often seems to go well in the wet and deserved the win after Power chucked it off the track.

Montoya really seemed to be going places until his mistake as well. A pity we didn’t see some of his earlier passes in the race, he was using the grippier outside line on a few corners to excellent effect.

It all petered out a little bit at the end and the Aleshin yellow flag finished it off. Some good racing though and I’m glad I stuck with it through a two-hour rain delay (and that BT Sport continued the live coverage even though it massively over-ran!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

IndyCar has generally been good the last 2 or 3 years, certainly eventful, and I love the Barber circuit, but races like that just hurt my head. Yellow flags every 10 minutes and advert breaks every other 10 minutes makes it, for me at least, very difficult to follow.

I just wish they’d invest in a few marshals, cranes and tractors rather than relying on a travelling circus of guys with cattle prods and radios to ever, EVER so slowly recover stranded cars.

The best race I saw from the circuit this weekend was the Pirelli World Challenge (once it finally restarted after the first corner, 4-car crash.)

SP
    Participant

Funny that the guys making the mistakes (eg Montoya, Aleshin) were arguably the ones with the most wet weather experience.

Anyway, Hunter-Reay’s win and Power’s poor finish closes up the points battle coming into Indianapolis.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.