IndyCar

2014 IndyCar Grand Prix of Houston (Double Header)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    sushant008
    Participant

It’s Race Weekend for IndyCar after two-week break! A double header around the 1.6 mile reliant park street course. Last year It was a mad,entertaining race with full of crashes. Not my favourite race track but still hoping for a good weekend.

Get all the info here: http://www.grandprixofhouston.com

SP
    Participant

IIRC, 90% of the trouble was related to stalled cars. Sato always finds a way to meet the wall though :p

Not hugely looking forward to this one after Franchitti’s injuries last year, plus I’m growing less and less fond of the double headers. I’ll still be watching but I hope they wean themselves off these two-race weekends eventually.

I would imagine Houston in late June is pretty hot as well! Tough one for the drivers – especially having to do two races back-to-back.

sushant008
    Participant

Driver Preview:

SP
    Participant

@KeithCollantine – numerous changes have been made to the track and its surroundings, that said I would like Shell to take their money to another venue. Their HQ is nearby though and the contract runs through 2017…

sushant008
    Participant

Race 1 results:

sushant008
    Participant

Todd
    Participant

Not sure what Rahal was doing on the last restart. Just seemed to mistime it, really badly. I was hoping for a last-lap dash, wanted to see what Montoya had for him. Glad for the rookie though.

A lot of fairly amateurish driving in that highlights clip…

Seemed yesterday was a pretty good day for Colombia, overall.

SP
    Participant

Played out like the 2003 Brazilian GP.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Is it fair to say that Rahal is the Maldonado of Indycar?

…or more Max Chilton?

JackySteeg
    Participant

Awesome race! Awesome result too, I love seeing Schmidt and Herta’s teams doing so well. Loved the raw racing toward the end, although there were a few examples of rather amateurish driving. Castroneves has been racing for far too long to be chopping other drivers in the braking zone…

@JackySteeg Agree 100% on Castroneves, and it was excruciating watching him try to defend that move while staring down the barrel of the camera. You cannot move like that in a braking zone, and of course he should have been aware Bourdais was close.

A good race though, a deserved win for Pagenaud and some hugely impressive driving by Hawksworth. Glad he finally got a podium to show for what has been an excellent rookie campaign so far.

sushant008
    Participant

Second race results:

sushant008
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.