IndyCar

2014 IndyCar Pocono 500

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    sushant008
    Participant

IndyCar goes to the “tricky triangle” this weekend!. One of my favourite ovals of them all. Really looking forward to this.

David-A
    Participant

Ryan Hunter-Reay will be looking to win the second part of the Triple Crown they have going on nowadays.

JackySteeg
    Participant

Potentially a pivotal race. It certainly was for Scott Dixon last year, and there’s even more potential for this to be a crucial race with double points on offer. I’m looking forward to this one, it’s one of the best oval circuits, IMO.

I do enjoy IndyCar’s mix of ovals and this is a particularly curious one. Looking forward to this weekend’s race, hope it stays dry.

SP
    Participant

It was also a turning point for Ganassi (they had a podium sweep last year). Speaking of which, I’d like to see them back in the mix for a race win.

SP
    Participant

Will Power and several other drivers broke the lap record in practice (http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/documents/2014-07-05/POC%20indycar-results-pcomb.pdf). The current best is 223.348mph, it may be beaten again in qualifying.

David-A
    Participant

Montoya on pole.

SP
    Participant

..and he wins. Quite a dramatic final stint, especially that 5\6-wide restart.

Nick
    Participant

Juan had been looking good all year, but I hadn’t imagined he’d win one just yet. I really do need to find me a way to watch Indycar..

David-A
    Participant

@npf1 The best online way IMO is Justin TV, on a channel by someone called “besweet”.

Nick
    Participant

@david-a I bookmarked it, I’ll have a look next race. Thanks!

sushant008
    Participant

JPM wins, finally \m/

Good to see Montoya take a win, though it wasn’t the most thrilling race of the year.

Losing the endplate off his front wing didn’t seem to affect his car at all. It does rather lend credence to the view that these cars have got too much downforce for their power.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

I don’t think that end plate would do much to be honest. It may make there air flow ‘cleaner’ around the tyre but I wouldn’t expect a substantial downforce lost because of it.

sushant008
    Participant

Final two laps-

Also, good to see Bob Varsha in the commentary team.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.