IndyCar

Indycar on YouTube?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paulo Ruiz
    Participant

just showed up on my YouTube recommendations, and I couldn’t help but notice the amount of pretty quality content Indycar has on its channel. They aren’t exactly raking in millions of views, but the few thousand they do get can’t be hurting.

So I took a quick peek at F1’s own official YouTube channel, and found some interesting numbers.

YouTube says the F1 channel was established 28 December, 2005. It has 31 videos, with the oldest only two weeks old. There are a couple interesting videos, but nothing that catches the eye. With 254,608 views, that puts F1 at around 8213 views per video on average, with 27,841 subscribers.

In contrast, the Indycar channel was established 5 June, 2006. There are 3 channels in the network with a whopping 25,443,679 total views. With 2,930 videos, Indycar has about 8684 views per video on average. However, the sheer number of videos uploaded, plus the fact that they’re primarily much more interesting – including onboard lap footage, live streams of practice sessions, etc. as opposed to interviews and flashbacks to 2004 – makes Indycar’s channel much more impressive. For the record, Indycar has 115,039 subscribers across three channels, although 111,818 of them are comprised on the main Indycar channel.

I’m not really sure what to do with all this information, actually. I just thought the great disparity in internet presence, particularly on YouTube, was interesting. Thoughts?

Moderator: Moved from Off-topic to IndyCar

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

Motorsport in the USA seems to understand the importance of reaching out via the internet much more. If you take a look at NASCAR’s channel, they go a step further and upload whole races – although I think it’s done a week later. Still, better than nothing.

They also don’t go after copyrighted content on YouTube like FOM do. Search for Indycar races on youtube and you’ll find them – including last weekend’s race. You can even find whole previous seasons uploaded, in plain sight. I’m thinking about downloading and watching a whole season of late-90s CART next time I’m going on a long haul flight.

downloading and watching a whole season of late-90s CART next time I’m going on a long haul flight

I recently decorated a bedroom while watching the 1995 season. Cleveland was epic!

Now trying to find more DIY to do so I’ve got an excuse to watch 1996…

skylab
    Participant

I’ve a couple rooms need doing if you want to add ’97 & ’98 to that list!

Seriously thought, those seasons were epic – I remember Sundays afternoons being bored to sleep by processional F1 races but Sunday evenings on the edge of my seat watching CART races!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.