IndyCar

IndyCar to race in Boston

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

IndyCar is announcing a new round for 2016 at a street circuit in Boston. The track map looks quite promising:

More official details coming out. The race will be held on Labor Day weekend – Labor Day in America is the first Monday in September.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/05/5-21-INDYCAR-announces-Labor-Day-2016-event-in-Boston

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

It’s not the world’s bests street circuit but it’s far from the worst and overtaking should definitely be possible. Looking on Google Earth I’ve picked up a couple of interesting things:

1. There are a number of large carparks along the streets in this area. It’s a pitty they didn’t choose to enter one of them to have a “play” in the open space. Lay down some kerbs and mark out some faster, sweeping corners that street circuits often lack. The run between Turn 10 and 11 is quite narrow, for example, so the carpark on driver’s right could be used somehow I feel. Although it’s possible it will be used as a pit paddock for supports or something.
    2. The cars enter a tunnel after turn 7 until just before turn 9. Could be cool.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

I really dislike having the start and finish line several corners apart.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.