Karting

Christmas Karting event?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    f199player
    Participant

Sounds like a long shot but who would like to do a karting event at a track between f1fanantic members? put your ideas for a time, date and venue on this page if your up for it.

robk23
    Participant

I would be interested, I haven’t been karting since 2004 so I may have to go and refresh myself first! A venue in the middle of the UK would be suitable for most I imagine?

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Daytona MK?

Whilton Mill (Northampton nr Silverstone)?

A few ‘Midlands” suggestions, but if my dad drove me up there i would be interested as well :)

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

I’d like to, yeah :)
    Because there are a hell of a lot of F1 Fanatic members, how about a team endurance event?
    The only forseeable problem is that separate events would have to be organised for people in each country; I know than PM is in America, so it’s not really feesable for him to go over to England for a kart event, and vice-versa.
    I would like to suggest:

Whilton Mill
    Daytona MK
    Stretton
    Rye House
    Thruxton Kart Center
    Buckmore Park

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

Time: maybe evening about 7pm ish?
    School for me doesn’t finish until 20th December, so maybe the weekend before that?
    (Assuming the world ends of course ;) )

f199player
    Participant

All good suggestion, personally I don’t mind when and where. Would be awesome to do this

f199player
    Participant

been on the Daytona MK page they are doing a D40 race on 22nd December (sat) for £61 for those who are over 16

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

How fast are the D40 karts?

f199player
    Participant

65mph twin engine prokarts

James Brickles
    Participant

Bradford and Leeds are as ‘middle in the UK’ as you get and both cities have a go kart circuit. The one in Bradford is outdoor and extremely near to the city centre. Very demanding circuit. Last time I went I was nearly sick at the end, the bumps are that bad. Don’t let that put you off, it’s a great track. ;)

I haven’t been to the indoor one in Leeds yet (PPIK) but my best friend has and he loves it.

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

Only 600m long though…
    I personally think that MK is a better bet, as it is right next to a train station, so for people who live very far away, it would be more easily accessible for them?
    Or are there good transport links to get to Bradford?

James Brickles
    Participant

@xjr15jaaag

Leeds is particularly good for transport links, Bradford less so. Trains are very frequent from Leeds to Bradford though :)

f199player
    Participant

Democratic Vote:
    Mine will be for Daytona MK mainly because of its easyish transport links

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

I agree with @f199player
    (and it’s only like 30 mins or so from where I live, and it’s also probably the best for dealing with a potentially enormous gathering of karters)

robk23
    Participant

Daytona MK sounds fine with me, if the time, date and cost are good for me I’m in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.