NASCAR

The 2014 Daytona 500 – LET'S GO AWAY

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

DOOO DOO-DOO DOO-DOO DOO-DOO DOO-TOO-DOOOOOOOO!

It’s NASCAR’s opening and most prestigious race of the year, the Daytona 500!

If you think DRS is too artificial, then maybe the spectacle of 43 of NASCAR’s best drivers racing around in circles for three hours under the beautiful BRU BRU SKIIIIIIIES of Daytona Beach, Florida will get your racing pulse… er… racing.

But Mag, what IS the Daytona 500?

Basically, 43 drivers racing around a 2.5mile superspeedway mere inches apart from each other in a big pack at over 200mph for 200 laps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATqcNmvZ5pM

Gee, Mag, I don’t know… Sounds like it could be pretty dull to me…

Anyone who could watch 43 cars racing at 200mph in a giant pack mere inches apart from it each other for three hours and find that boring is bored of life itself.

Will there be big crashes?

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKtr-1iu3IE

OK, sounds interesting. Who’s on pole?

Austin Dillion.

No, I don’t know who he is either.

Well, who do I cheer for?

Anyone but Kyle Busch.

When does it start?

The race is on this Sunday (today). Coverage starts around 5pm UK time with the ROOOOORRRING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART around 6:30-7:00pm.

How can I watch it?

Well, unfortunately there isn’t a way to watch it on UK TV, but I will be providing a link to somewhere where you can watch it online just before the race itself.

Is there some sort of compulsory awesome music I should be playing in the background while watching this truly amazing racing spectacle?

Yes.

I know that absolutely no one else cares about this race, but I’m going to be watching and posting along in this thread even if I’m the only one who does so. I hope those of you who’ve never watched the 500 before and don’t have anything else to do give it a shot, because you never know, you might actually enjoy it!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.