Off-topic

Dakar Rally

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    wasiF1
    Participant

@john thanks for the link.

Oh dear so sad to hear this the 2012 season starts in a bad way already.RIP Boero.

DarthRaiden666
    Participant

The Dakar has always been very dangerous.

Either so, its still a shock to the system. RIP

I’ve not been watching it this year so far, but used too on previous years.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Two spectators died today too. A father and son were following the rally on a plane, when it plumeted to the earth due to a mechanic failure.

TheJudge
    Participant

Someone heard about OSCar EO?
    It’s a fully electric race car built in Latvia. As I am from latvia,I wanted to let you know about it. After the first rally day it’s in 123rd place,but I think It will improve as it’s more of a test car.
    But I think it can be a competitive car.

Stretch
    Participant

Is there longer daily TV episodes for the Dakar? The version we get the voice over calls it the 26 minute Dakar, so they must produce other length daily versions too…

john
    Participant

@thejudge I heard about it there was a mention in the stage 3 highlights. I wish the drivers and car lots of good luck.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Today’s stage has been cancelled as snow is blocking the route towards Chile. They are all going to Copiapó in convoy.

Yeah, a Dakar round has been cancelled because of snow… Gotta love the new South American Dakar, it combines so many terrains and conditions!

john
    Participant

Its a pity about todays stage. Anybody know what the weathers doing on the other side of the mountain?

Fer no.65
    Participant

The weather is fine. It was okay for today too…

A pic from De Villiers, on his twitter:
    “3days ago 50 deg and now this!”

john
    Participant

@fer-no65 Thanks, you just cant tell with the weather.

PT
    Participant

Anyone watched yesterday’s official Dakar highlights? They showed a slice of the past – was really touched by the rivalry between Cyril Neveu and Hubert Auriol in 1986 (or was it 87). Seeing Auriol cry like a child was so humbing…the Neveu-Auriol rivalry surely rivals the Prost-Senna in the history of motorsport rivalries. And the Dakar…it’s certainly up there with the Le Mans 24 Hours and Formula 1 as the ultimate motorsports challenge. But where else would a Hummer be humbled by a Mini!!!

john
    Participant

@PT I like watching those bits about past rallys aswell. I would like to know if there are any Dakar documentries around.

A rough landing:

Fer no.65
    Participant

Those Hummers are keeping up with the Minis! I thought they’d be done by now, but there’s still a long way to go…

I love Nasser Al-Attiyah’s will to challenge for the win, even if he’s a long way behind the leaders in the overall ranking. Haz balls!

john
    Participant

Al-Attiyah`s going well I hope the hummer holds out to the end. De Villiers is droping back, he said they wanted to end in the top five,he better put his foot down if he wants to stay there. Robby Gordon is doing well, my gut is saying dont count him out for a stage win soon.

Im staying with De Rooy in the trucks cant make up my mind about the bikes though.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.