The 2022 season hasn’t gone according to ‘El Plan’ for Fernando Alonso so far. But the two-times world champion doesn’t look ready to hang up his helmet yet.
Fernando Alonso was investigated twice for cutting the turn 14-15 chicane in the Miami Grand Prix and penalised once. Did the stewards call it right?
Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi has complained the team was not allowed to dispute the penalty which cost Fernando Alonso a points finish in the Miami Grand Prix.
Esteban Ocon was unwilling to follow Alpine’s order to back off at the end of the Miami Grand Prix to minimise the impact of his team mate’s five-second penalty.
Formula 1 drivers are unimpressed with Miami’s track surface and turn 14 barrier but otherwise largely praised the circuit’s layout.
Fernando Alonso was left to rue more misfortune after retiring early from the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix with damage.
Fernando Alonso said there was little enjoyment to be had from his fights with other drivers in Saturday’s sprint race as most were able to pass him easily in quicker cars.
Fernando Alonso says Alpine missed a chance to score a podium finish in Australia after a series of misfortunes.
Fernando Alonso said a hydraulic problem on his car caused his crash during Q3 while he was challenging for pole position.
Fernando Alonso and Yuki Tsunoda will both move to a third power unit as practice for the Australian Grand Prix begins on Friday.
Formula 1 told drivers it will reconsider the safety and security of all its events following the missile attack near the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso says qualifying in the top 10 for the first race of the new season was a “relief” for Alpine.
Alpine have ended their participation in the first pre-season test with half a day still to run after a technical problem stopped Fernando Alonso’s car on Friday morning.
Sebastian Vettel has challenged Formula 1 bosses not to go ahead with this year’s Russian Grand Prix, saying he will not take part in the race following the country’s invasion of Ukraine.
The remarkable scenes that saw Max Verstappen claim his first world championship title and the controversy prompted strong reactions from drivers across the motorsport world.
Fernando Alonso says F1’s rules aren’t being enforced as strictly as when he left the sport in 2018 and wants harsher penalties for incidents in qualifying.
Max Verstappen deserves to win the drivers championship this year, says Fernando Alonso, while Mercedes should take the constructors’ title.
Max Verstappen’s rival Formula 1 drivers don’t share his concerns over how the sport is portrayed in popular Netflix series Drive to Survive.
Fernando Alonso may have had a point about the lack of consistency in F1 penalty decisions but are there really “different rules for different people”?
Lando Norris and Fernando Alonso’s rivals want to know why they avoided significant penalties for seemingly straightforward violations in the last two rounds.