F1

Racing Schedule

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ady
    Participant

There has been much talk of making the racing schedule better to reduce the air miles (and therefore CO2) required by F1. It has also been mentioned that although being a world championship, many races do not reflect all parts of the world.

Below is my idea for a new racing schedule, this increases the number of races in america (3 north, 2 south), includes a race for South Africa, and also includes weekends for in season testing.

01. Austraia

02. Malaysia

03. Singapore

04. Japan

05. Korea

06. China

07. India

— Britan (Test Weekend)

08. Canada

09. New York

10. Texas

11. Spain

12. Monaco

13. Turkey

14. France

— Italy (Test Weekend)

15. Germany

16. Britan

17. Hungary

18. Belgium

19. Italy

20. Bahrain

21. Abu Dhabi

22. South Africa

23. Argentina

24. Brazil

Personaly I feel that rather than having two races in the US, there should be a race in NY and Mexico (rather than Texas). But assuming a 10 year contract is agreed with Texas, we’ll be stuck with it for a while.

Macca
    Participant

I would also have the test weekends in a country not on the calendar. Where you have placed the British test weekend I would have it in Mexico and where you have placed the Italian test weekend I would have it in Portugal.

wasiF1
    Participant

I agree with the idea of having a test day during the mid season somewhere where F1 is not going that season.Portugal seems to be a good place.

Rachel
    Participant

That is a lot of races! As much as I love F1 and want to see as many races as possible, I personally feel that 24 is too many.

wasiF1
    Participant

@ Rachel

I don’t think that 24 races are too many in a season.If they have 20 races next season (India is adding & expecting all the 19 races of 2010 are still there) then with the addition of France & USA in 2012 we will have 22, then add two more races on the calender (may be San Marino, Austria, South Africa, Portugal or anyone else).

This is only possible if they can arrange the fixture in a good manner.Like having the Malaysian & Singapore races back to back which will reduce their travel cost & also time.

7 fly away reaces in a row is just not practical, and will in fact probably increase the carbon footprint of teams by causing them to fly in upgrades and new staff and damaged parts etc. that is why there are only four flyaway races at the start of the year.

SouthAussie94
    Participant

Also adding to newnhamlea1’s comment, It probably wouldnt be a good idea to have races that are geographically close together close to one another on the calendar as this would impact on attendance figures.

This is my schedule:

Australia

Malaysia

China

Korea

Bahrain

Spain

Monaco

—Test (Portugal)

Canada

Texas

Britain

Europe

France

Hungary

—Test (Britain)

—August Break/Shutdown

South Africa

India

Turkey

Singapore

Japan

—Test (Italy)

Belgium

Italy

Abu Dhabi

New York

Brazil

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.