Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Going to the 2014 Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    marcus
    Participant

The threat of rain, and very, very major rain at that, has always hung over the Singapore F1 the country being 1 degree 15 N of the equator. Last five years rain before first practice in a couple years and at threat of towards of the end of the 2012 race I think it was (clouds started to obscure tops of the skyscrapers in CBD and you could feel droplets in the air). The issue is if there is one of the not too infrequent massive storms this city gets, ala the one yesterday (Thurs) around 4 – 5pm, on the Sunday that is it the GP is dead and gone, short of putting the cars on monster truck tires forget it. If it does start to rain and you are in a stand would suggest legging it to somewhere under cover as quickly as possible – largely to beat the thousands who will inevitably follow you. Touch wood its not rained during the sessions yet in any major way – may the local rumors of cloud seeding in the run up to the race are true – who knows!

If you’re going to this year’s race and are going to be tweeting from it do let me know below as I’ll be on the lookout for feedback from fans at the track from the weekend in Tweets articles.

czhihong
    Participant

I’m at Stamford again this year; always free for a quick meet up if anyone is up for it! Send me a message here or a tweet @czhihong.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.