Off-topic

Formula 1 wacky wishes

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Girts
    Participant

@Enigma I second that.

f1alex
    Participant

Kobayashi winning the a Grand Prix from the back of the grid.

@F1Alex YES. VERY YES.

HK
    Participant

more team-radio messages getting broadcasted

vinicius.jlantunes
    Participant

Inspired by the picture of Maranello deep in the snow posted earlier today by Keith – see cars racing on snow! (ok, I got a bit carried away by the “wacky” part of the thread title)

Enigma
    Participant

@Girts I knew you would! It does seem possible this year.

Yepega

Montoya announces his return to Formula 1 with Ferrari after Massa is kicked out :)

raymondu999
    Participant

My wish would be a title going down to the wire where not more than 3 contenders have managed to distribute results equally amongst themselves, with equal numbers of wins, DNFs, and each place. The result depends entirely on how the last race will finish.

Another wish would be a title decider at the last race where 1st and 2nd was separated by 1 point; and 2nd and 3rd by 1 point. If they all DNF’ed, that would stay. They qualify in reverse championship order such that if that was the order they finished; the 3rd guy in the hunt would win the title by 1 point; from the 2nd guy, who is another 1 point away from the last guy.

I don’t think I would get either wish though. My heart would probably give out before the race finished :P

raymondu999
    Participant

Oh, and a retro grid. Where you have old names racing in F1. By that I mean; Senna racing in Williams, then let’s have Mansell, Josh Hill, Piquet, Prost, etc racing. I don’t mean a bunch of old guys racing, I mean nephews/sons/grandsons. The timing screens would be absolutely surreal! :D

damonsmedley
    Participant

FOM upgrade their servers so they can have all 24 cars streaming HD onboards at all times. That would take a load of bandwidth, but if everything was caught on camera, nothing would be as controversial any more. I’ve used this example before, but imagine how quickly the crashgate scandal would have been solved if there’d been an onboard replay shown to tens of millions of viewers watching live…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Schumacher gets a podium.

Kobayashi pulls a mega-banzai move on 3 cars in one corner.

Christopher
    Participant

To have a Champions race with the following drivers, all in identical cars. All drivers in their prime.
    Fangio, Senna, Clark, Schumi, Alonso, Kimi, Hamilton, and Vettel.

Or reverse a modern F1 grid by driver only, with the cars staying the same. IE: Vettel in a HRT and someone like Kartikean in an RBR. :)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.