The official 2009 F1 calendar has been published with the Canadian Grand Prix mysteriously absent. That’s not the only change for next year, with Abu Dhabi arriving on the calendar as the new season finale.
Has the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone done a better job with the 2009 F1 calendar than the 2008 schedule? Compare the two and cast your vote below.
The major changes between the two calendars are:
- The Canadian Grand Prix is dropped for 2009
- The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix arrives in 2009 as the season finale
- The German round will be held at the Nurburgring in 2009 instead of the Hockenheimring
- The Japanese round will be held at Suzuka in 2009 instead of Fuji Speedway
*Exact title TBC. The Hockenheimring owners won’t allow the Nurburgring to use the title ‘German Grand Prix’.
**Exact title TBC. May use the title ‘Mediterranean Grand Prix’ so the Nurburgring can be the ‘European Grand Prix’.
Is the 2009 F1 calendar better than the 2008 F1 calendar?
- I have no opinion (5%)
- No, the 2008 F1 calendar is much better (31%)
- No, the 2008 F1 calendar is slightly better (23%)
- They are just as good/bad as each other (25%)
- Yes, the 2009 F1 calendar is slightly better (12%)
- Yes, the 2009 F1 calendar is much better (5%)
Total Voters: 393