Red Bull’s preference for harder tyres had been reflected again in their selection for the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen will each have five sets of medium tyres for next weekend’s race at Interlagos. Sebastian Vettel will also begin the weekend with the same selection.
Mercedes have made a break with their recent policy of choosing slightly different tyre selections for their drivers so each could evaluate a different compound during practice. Both of the championship contenders will begin the weekend with the same selection of tyres.
Only four drivers have chosen more than one set of the mandatory hard compound, including both Force India drivers.
2016 Brazilian Grand Prix tyre selections
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Nico Hulkenberg||Force India|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Toro Rosso|
2016 Brazilian Grand Prix
- Emotion of Brazil race was indescribable – Massa
- Verstappen dominates Brazil Driver of the Weekend
- Strong rating for Brazilian GP despite red flags
- Two years after Bianchi’s crash drivers are still unhappy with Pirelli’s wet tyres
- 2016 Brazilian Grand Prix team radio transcript