The Ferrari drivers have chosen two more sets of the softest tyre available than their Ferrari rivals for the upcoming Malaysian Grand Prix.
Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have each chosen to take nine sets of the super-soft tyre. However two teams have been even more aggressive with their selections: The McLaren and Williams drivers will have ten sets each.
Lewis Hamilton will have seven sets of super-softs and five softs plus just one set of the medium compound tyres, which is mandatory.
2017 Malaysian Grand Prix tyre choices
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Toro Rosso|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso|
Update: Since this article was published Toro Rosso has announced Pierre Gasly has taken over Daniil Kvyat’s car. Gasly will therefore use Kvyat’s tyre selection.
2017 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Hamilton queried the FIA over Vettel’s steering wheel in Malaysia
- Vettel: Stroll changed direction without looking
- Ferrari ‘not fully confident’ of fix for fault which stopped both cars in Malaysia
- New video from Stroll’s car reveals Vettel crash view the stewards didn’t see
- 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix team radio transcript