Luca Ghiotto will not make his anticipated departure for Formula 2 this year after agreeing to return to the championship with new team Hitech.
The five-times race winner will partner Nikita Mazepin in the team’s first F2 squad. Mazepin, who tested for Mercedes last year and previously drove for Hitech in F3, placed 18th on his F2 debut last year, at ART. Mazepin’s father Dmitry is the chairman of Uralchem, one of Hitech’s title partners.
The new Formula 2 season will begin on March 21st at the Bahrain International Circuit.
2020 Formula 2 grid so far
|MP Motorsport||Felipe Drugovich|
This article will be updated.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Hitech sign Aron and Cordeel for 2024 F2 season
- Marti steps up to Formula 2 as Campos and Rodin Carlin confirm 2024 line-ups
- Doohan wins finale as battling Vesti can’t keep Pourchaire from the title
- Vesti takes title fight with Pourchaire down to the wire with crucial sprint race win
- Mercedes’ Aron replaces Novalak for Formula 2 finale