The 16 McLaren team members who were quarantined in Melbourne during the Australian Grand Prix weekend will return home this week.Albert Park circuit.
Team principal Andreas Seidl said the staff were all “doing well” and will return to the UK soon after observing a two-week period of isolation.
“I stayed out with them for a couple of extra days and some senior members of the team are still there with them,” said Seidl. “All the team members who had been tested as a precaution tested negative, which is fantastic news.
“The person that had tested positive is now feeling well and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to the UK this week.”
McLaren, along with other British-based teams, has shut down its Formula 1 operation today in line with the early commencement of this year’s ‘summer break’ and in response to the restrictions on working and travel introduced in the UK this week to stop the spread of the pandemic.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers