The hospital treating Alex Zanardi has reported no change in his condition following his third night in the intensive care unit.
The Santa Maria alle Scotte near Siena said Zanardi’s condition remains “stable” but his prognosis is “confidential”.
“The third night of ICU stay passed without variations,” said the hospital. “The clinical conditions therefore remain unchanged in the cardio-respiratory and metabolic parameters while the neurological picture remains serious.
“The patient is sedated, intubated and mechanically ventilated and the prognosis is confidential. The multi-disciplinary team that has him under treatment will evaluate in the coming days any diagnostic [or] therapeutic actions to be taken.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers