Antonio Giovinazzi and George Russell have crashed while driving to the grid before the start of today’s Turkish Grand Prix.
Giovinazzi spun into a gravel trap at turn two. There was no obvious suspension damage to his Alfa Romeo and Giovinazzi was able to return to the starting grid. He is due to start the race from 10th on the grid.
Russell crashed into wall at the pit lane entrance. He told his team he was “going at walking speed, it’s ridiculous”.
Williams has confirmed both its drivers will start from the pit lane.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton