Red Bull drivers Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez are sporting special helmet designs for the first of two consecutive races at the track which bears the team’s name.
It’s the first of three races the team can count as home events. As well as two races in Austria, the following round will take place at Silverstone, half an hour’s drive from the team’s base in Milton Keynes.
Max Verstappen’s Styrian Grand Prix helmet
Three-times world champion Niki Lauda and Austria’s other title-winner, Jochen Rindt, are named on Verstappen’s new, day-glo yellow helmet design for this weekend’s race.
Sergio Perez’s Styrian Grand Prix helmet
Perez has also incorporated the colours of the Austrian flag alongside his more familiar Mexican design, with a hand-stitching effect around the ever-present Red Bull logos.
2021 Styrian Grand Prix
- The potentially crucial differences in how Bottas and Perez help their team mates
- How much-maligned Paul Ricard produced “one of the most exciting races for five years”
- Todt would “prefer less controversy” in Formula 1
- Wolff encouraged by ‘real progress’ from Bottas in French GP
- Red Bull’s French GP win disproves accusations over tyres and wings – Horner