Former Ferrari Driver Academy member Marcus Armstrong has landed a place at Hitech for the upcoming Formula 2 season.
He joins Red Bull junior Juri Vips at Hitech. Vips raced for the team in 2021, scoring two of the their three victories on their way to fourth in the championship for the second year in a row since entering the series.
“Team principal Oliver Oakes brought me to Europe a few years back and I saw Hitech in the early days,” said Armstrong. “Since then it’s transformed into one of the powerhouses of Formula 2 and 3.
“I’m looking forward to be working with a successful group of people and a completely new team this year.”
Armstrong’s move leaves five vacancies remaining on the 22-car grid for the opening race at Bahrain in March.
2022 Formula 2 drivers confirmed so far
|Carlin||Logan Sargeant||Liam Lawson|
|DAMS||Roy Nissany||Ayumu Iwasa|
|Hitech||Juri Vips||Marcus Armstrong|
|MP||Felipe Drugovich||Clement Novalak|
|Prema||Jehan Daruvala||Dennis Hauger|
|Van Amersfoort||Jake Hughes||TBA|
|Virtuosi||Jack Doohan||Marino Sato|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Hitech sign Aron and Cordeel for 2024 F2 season
- Marti steps up to Formula 2 as Campos and Rodin Carlin confirm 2024 line-ups
- Doohan wins finale as battling Vesti can’t keep Pourchaire from the title
- Vesti takes title fight with Pourchaire down to the wire with crucial sprint race win
- Mercedes’ Aron replaces Novalak for Formula 2 finale