F1 Games

2012/13 F1F Formula One PS3 Winter World Championship (Season 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 937 total)
  • Author
    Harry Westwood
    Participant

Sato turned into me too as the steering angle was very shallow. I felt that was a racing incident. Then when alfie turned in on me, I gave him the room to go round the outside I’m not just going to surrender the position. He made a wild dive up my inside from 2-3 carlengths back which is stupid. @olliekart

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

The first incident (I had a great view of it lol), I’d have to say that you could have left him more room in the beginning. He had DRS and was going to get passed anyway, so you should have stayed right more than you did. I’m not saying you should have just given it up, but there was little you could have done to defend it.

As for the second, it was a little bit stupid to try and make a move like that from Alfie, but after his lock up, he did look to have it under control, but you continued to drive into him, and two cars can’t go into one.

Both weren’t 100% your fault, but there was more that you could have done, especially in the first incident.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@sirspuddington

Ok, we will leave the first one if you consider it a Racing Incident. The 2nd one tho, 2-3 car lengths is a guess and the Proximity arrows indicate to me he was about 5m behind your car, it wasnt wild as he kept it on track and made no contact while keeping nr the apex. the actual collision is 50/50, although the fact that the contact area was quite small may say it was lag

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sirspuddington – With regards to the first incident you could have left more space, but I don’t feel this was necessarily your fault. I’d call that a racing incident.

The second however, granted, it was a little silly from Alfie to make such a lunge, however, he ended up ahead, and on the track, and had track position, and you proceeded to drive into him. He was ahead and you should have given the position up and stuck with him and tried to fight back later.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@bradley13 I didn’t drive into him, the only way to avoid an incident would’ve been to stop and even then I’m not sure how much of a difference it would’ve made, as I had little time to react. I gave him plenty of room round the outside but he felt the need to cut straight across me. The first one in the beginning i didn’t realise how close he was but when we made contact I realised and gave him room. So am I getting any penalties off, 2, 1 or none?

Harry Westwood
    Participant

btw my DoD goes to @jamiefranklinf1 despite a setup mishap and all, he did well to finish 2nd/1st (depending on penalties) and applied some fantastic pressure right at the very end which worked superbly. Well done.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

I just really want my first win not be unfairly taken from me as I doubt something like this will come my way again :/

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sirspuddington – I’ll talk to Jamie and get back to you

Harry Westwood
    Participant
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sirspuddington – We’ve decided that both incidents seem to be very close calls, but that you were partly responsible for both, however not fully. As a result we shall revoke 1 penalty, but not both. Apologies.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@bradley13 ok, fair enough. 8 points still good

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I’ll just add to that @Sirspuddington, you drove very well today (Aside from those incidents) and with a bit more practice, you could definitely be up there. What assists do you use?

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@jamiefranklinf1 thanks dude, maybe we can just say I had the tangles due to inexperience lol ;) sadly I am confined to a pad, my wheel pedals are kaput, so I use medium TCS and ABS on auto gears

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Sirspuddington – I wouldn’t say being ‘confined’ to a pad is necessarily a bad thing on F1 2012. I don’t know whether it’s just the DFGT, but I can’t get to grips with using a wheel on 2012 the same way as I did on 2010 and 2011, which on both occasions helped my lap times a lot. Straight off the bat, I’d say switching to manual gears would really help you. Maybe we’ll have a little discussion via PM to see if I can’t help you out a little for the new season :)

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@jamiefranklinf1 To PM i shall go, advice from a champion is advice worth getting ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 937 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.