F1 Games

Formula Virtual World Championship

Viewing 15 posts - 5,791 through 5,805 (of 12,334 total)
  • Author
    Red
    Participant

Wait why does David get the change to join the top flight ahead of me?

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

@redmist

If pre qualifying went ahead, I guess you could both join.

Red
    Participant

What is pre-qualifying?

@redmist

There were once many teams in F1. Too many.

So they picked the slowest of them (i.e. NOT Ferrari, or Jordan).

They’d then do a qualifying session against themselves.

The best ones were then allowed to proceed into proper qualifying against other teams (i.e. Benetton, Williams).

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@redmist hate to burst your bubble my friend but i think he’s been around longer. Anyway this format would allow you both to partake as has been stated above

sozavele
    Participant

@sirspuddington I’m not 100% sure but I do think Red was around first.
    I’m personally not fully convinced on this pre-quali thing. Why change a winning formula as it currently is. Yes, more people want to get involved and that is a great sign but I don’t think that should have a negative effect on what is currently present. Too many cars would cause incidents and I think pre-quali could maybe drive some people away from the championship if their season goes disastrously against their favour.
    David I understand that you want to have a team. But, it would work in you favour (in my opinion at least) to have a junior team. It would be like having a VGPC team without the footage. Also, it really would get your foot in the door if a space came up as it would show you were committed and really wanted it. After all, I do think a progression of a team from IJGPC to VGPC makes sense.

Mathers
    Participant

Personally I think someone who wants a team in the championship but doesn’t want a spot in the IJGPC because it doesn’t suit them shows a little bit of a lack of commitment – it’s not the VGPC no, but surely it’d be better to get someone involved who’s contributed to the game before entering the VGPC in a similar manner to Dylan with his team and Ryan with him being the first person to really show an interest after we got going.

Mathers
    Participant

@RoboCAT, @bradley13, @diceman, @Formula-1, @bnm123, @JamieFranklinF1, @full-throttle-f1, @andae23, @mathers, @pezlo2013, @juan-pablo-heidfeld-1, @sirspuddington, @aiera-music

Here we are, qualifying for the first round of the British Touring Car Series!

http://f1fvgpc.weebly.com/news/btcs-round-1-brands-hatch-qualifying

Please let me know if you don’t wish to be tagged into the BTCS races :) Or, anyone who didn’t enter when I opened entries but wish to be involved, there will be some part season entries so let me know if you’re interested!

Adam Blocker
    Participant

Well, Sral and Bunn are a bit further down than I had hoped, but I don’t think that Brands suits the Fiesta that well. Hopefully they can get a few points in the first couple of races and get a good starting position for race three on the reverse grid.

@mathers
    I like the look of the report and graphics look great. Please tag me in future race/qualifying posts.

Red
    Participant

Oh is there an indycar one of these competitions? I have no knowledge of it but would want a team anyway xD

Red
    Participant

Oh and what does IJGPC stand for?

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@redmist International Junior Grand Prix Championship I think

Red
    Participant

Oh then how come it says on the site the 2015 teams for IJGPC have been confirmed or something? But I’m not listed?

Alex Tunnicliffe
    Participant

Yay for Sam not so yay for Marcus

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Because @redmist, I listed teams but forgot to ask if anyone here who didn’t run a VGPC team wanted one. I did post a few days ago asking if anyone else wanted one, but as yet only one person has replied.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,791 through 5,805 (of 12,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.