F1

BBC’s Top 20 F1 drivers ever (list)

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo
    Participant

Each of us have a favorite driver, so, it’s hard to think or convince someone that your top driver in your list is better than the other list….
    I’m not trying to predict, I’ll just give you my particular opinion for TOP 3:
    1. Senna;
    2. Schumacher;
    3. Fangio;
    … it’s hard to include Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso… because…. they have so much to achieve …. but I think it will be difficult for them to be on top three …

Kingshark
    Participant

There are four of the current drivers who are on that list. Schumacher and Alonso for sure, probably Vettel too; and then either Raikkonen or Hamilton.
    Raikkonen/Hamilton should’ve shown up by now. Piquet is only 16th, and I certainly don’t rate either of them higher than Nelson. And yes, we are talking about Senior!

I would guess:

15. Kimi Raikkonen
    14. Mika Hakkinen
    13. Alberto Ascari
    12. Sebastian Vettel
    11. Nigel Mansell
    10. Fernando Alonso
    9. Gilles Villeneuve
    8. Niki Lauda
    7. Stirling Moss
    6. Jackie Stewart
    5. Juan Manuel Fangio
    4. Alain Prost
    3. Michael Schumacher
    2. Ayrton Senna
    1. Jim Clark

That’s what I believe will be the list.

Pamphlet
    Participant

…Four current drivers on the list? I thought there were only two. Wow. That’s…a lot.

I still think Schumacher and Senna will be the top two. That’s how it’s always been with these lists.

Regardless, this is my list, just for the heck of it:

15. Lewis Hamilton
    14. Nigel Mansell
    13. Kimi Raikkonen
    12. Fernando Alonso
    11. Gilles Villeneuve
    10. Sebastian Vettel
    09. Mika Hakkinen (!)
    08. Stirling Moss
    07. Juan Manuel Fangio
    06. Niki Lauda
    05. Ayrton Senna
    04. Jim Clark
    03. Jackie Stewart
    02. Alain Prost
    01. Michael Schumacher

matt90
    Participant

You put 5 current drivers in.

Pamphlet
    Participant

@matt90 It’s my list though, not my predictions for BBC’s list. I even stated earlier in the post that I expected Schuey and Senna to be the top two.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

It really is a tough one to call… I can see the top 5 being split between Clark, Schumacher, Senna, Prost and Fangio, not a clue in what order though… After that will be Stewart, Moss, Lauda, G. Villeneuve, Mansell, followed by Alonso, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, D. Hill, Hamilton…

Well, I think so anyway… Can’t quite see me being spot on though!

overtake

Fernando Alonso because he is still young and has a incrediable knack for podium finishes. Sometimes when It almost seems lost he still drives spectacular. Today was again just a normal day for Fernando with a podium finish. To be honest it has taken me 8 years to like him! At first in 05/06 I thought of him as a lucky rookie, then twice lucky! Then I just watched him time and again with his unbelievable skill and cunning to pass. Then finally he gained my respect as the #1 driver of all time!

Guilherme
    Participant

Wow, Hill 19th, Brabham 18th, Piquet 16th… I can’t agree with this list at all! Sometimes I feel like we give too much credit for recent drivers. Although I would put four current drivers on my list, one of them would have appeared by now. Anyway, one of these days I was bored in a Numeric Calculus class and started scribbling my top 20 list. Here it is:

20) Kimi Räikkönen
    19) Mika Häkkinen
    18) John Surtees
    17) Nigel Mansell
    16) Gilles Villeneuve
    15) Sebastian Vettel
    14) Emerson Fittipaldi
    13) Alberto Ascari
    12) Fernando Alonso
    11) Stirling Moss
    10) Jack Brabham
    9) Nelson Piquet
    8) Graham Hill
    7) Niki Lauda
    6) Jackie Stewart
    5) Jim Clark
    4) Ayrton Senna
    3) Alain Prost
    2) Juan Manuel Fangio
    1) Michael Schumacher

necrodethmortem
    Participant

If you consider that Fangio became world champion at the age of 46 and compare it to Schumacher’s performance over the age of 40, you can’t help but wonder how good Fangio really was. I’ve never seen him drive though, I just find it pretty striking.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, the BBC team don’t like Raikkonen, so he won’t be on the list. They do like Vettel, Hamilton and Button. If they attempt to put some semblance of a results based factor in the decisions, then Vettel will be on the list and it’ll be between the two British drivers for the last of the 4 current drivers to make it on that list. So that’ll be Hamilton then, because he’s been in F1 far less time and has already surpassed Button’s achievements.

So, for current drivers on the list, Schumacher will be up really high, Alonso will be around no. 10, Vettel will be just below Alonso and Hamilton coming up shortly.

Kingshark
    Participant

Who do you guys think is the fourth driver of the current era? We know for a fact that Schumacher, Alonso, and probably Vettel are up there. My bet is on Hamilton because it’s the BBC, although Raikkonen deserves to be ahead of him. #22 and #23 they speak of are probably Raikkonen and Button (who is ranked far too high).

Pamphlet
    Participant

@kingshark Still think it’s gonna be Hamilton at #15.

Kingshark
    Participant

If Hamilton doesn’t show up now, this list has no credibility. It’s already sad enough that they put him ahead of the likes as Graham Hill, Fittipaldi and Piquet Sr. I heard a rumour on Autosport that he’s ahead of Lauda too?

safeeuropeanhome
    Participant

@kingshark – surely that can’t happen?! Every list has its accepted six or seven all time greats in the top 10 of which Niki Lauda is definitely one (with Clark, Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Fangio and Stewart). Even Alonso doesn’t deserve to be ahead of him yet. Mind you this list is already ridiculous with Piquet and Jack Brabham so low.

Kingshark
    Participant

Jack Brabham is a 3-time world champion, and he won one championship with his own team. Nelson Piquet, another triple world champion, invented tyre management and heating. Having Hamilton ahead of both of them is simply ridiculous crystal-clear biased.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 365 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.