F1

F1 Fanatic Rolling Trivia Quiz

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 4,895 total)
  • Author
    Ads21
    Participant

ok I was wanting to try a Guess the race picture, now how do you post pictures?

Ned Flanders
    Participant

For now you can’t, you can only post links

Ads21
    Participant

ok I’ll scrap that idea.

David Coulthard had quite a famous crash with Michael Schumacher in the 1998 Belgian Grand Prix. Less well remembered is that the McLaren team repaired the car, put a new rear wing on and sent him out again in the hope of scoring points. Where did he eventually finish the race?

Ciaran
    Participant

7th

Ads21
    Participant

That was too easy, i’m going to start making them hard. Ciaran your next question please…

Ciaran
    Participant

At which race did Martin Brundle get his first offical F1 podium and where did he finish?

Steph90

3rd at France in 92?

Steph90

to be specific I think it was at Magny-Cours if I was right there anyway which I’m not I was :P

Ciaran
    Participant

in any case your right steph so next question please.

Steph90

Wooo. How many F1 races did Jochen Rindt win?

Jagged
    Participant

@ polishboy808

Daly never actually led the race! Prost crashed on his 74th lap giving the lead to Patrese who retained it until he spun on entry to the hairpin on his 75th lap and stalled his engine. This gave the lead to Pironi who ran out of fuel a lap later in the tunnel on his 76th and final lap while de Cesaris, who would have inherited the lead, also ran out just before the tunnel and never passed Pironi. Daly’s gearbox gave up at Rascasse near the end of his 75th lap before he could come around and pass Pironi for the lead. Patrese meanwhile had straightened his car around and managed to bump start the engine while coasting down the hill to Portier. He then passed the stopped Pironi in the tunnel to unlap himself and continued on to start his final lap and pass Pironi in the tunnel again to take the lead and the win.

Daly was credited with having completed 74 laps. Pironi, de Cesaris, Mansell and de Angelis completed 75 laps. Only Patrese completed 76 laps. From the time Pironi passed Patrese in the hairpin on their 75th lap until Patrese passed the stopped Pironi in the tunnel for the second time on Patrese’s 76th lap, Pironi was the leader. Daly would have had to finish his 75th lap and then continued on his 76th lap to pass Pironi in the tunnel to ever have become the leader of the race.

Three leaders: Prost, Patrese and Pironi

Four Lead Changes: Prost->Patrese->Pironi->Patrese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Monaco_Grand_Prix

http://8w.forix.com/mc82.html

http://8w.forix.com/varia/chart-mc82.jpg

Ads21
    Participant

yer i agree with Jagged actually but didn’t want to start an argument, lets try and make sure you know the answer before you ask the question in future lol. Next time I get one right Jagged can ask the question.

As for Steph’s q I’m going to guess 9

Steph90

Close but no banana Ads (never got that phrase).

SouthAussie94
    Participant

Was it 6?

Jagged
    Participant

6, I saw his first at Watkins Glen in 1969.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 4,895 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.