F1

How to use the halo in a good way

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    svianna
    Participant

I understand the halo has to have structural integrity in order to fulfill it’s mission of protecting the driver’s head if and when flying debris could hit him. I am one of those who think the device is hideous and should not have been mandated. However, now that it is upon F1 cars, the halo could have a GREAT secondary application which would be to support mini-cameras. One could be placed right in front of the drivers’ head, obviously facing forward. With motion stabilization features it would be the closest to replicate exactly what the driver’s see, minus the steering wheel. Once again, very easily accomplished without compromising the structural integrity of the halo.

What do you guys think? Worthy suggestion?

Phil Taylor
    Participant

Agreed! The current onboard cameras are a total joke right now! Not sure how they’ve let it get to this point. The sooner they integrate a forward-facing camera into the halo the better imho!

Anonymous
    Inactive

While I don’t see all the fuss about the halo ruining the TV camera on-board, putting it on the halo itself would be a good idea

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.