F1

Marko's comments

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bogaaaa
    Participant

Reading between the lines of Marko’s comments DR looks like he be off to Ferrari.
    Marko hinting Max will going into the RB 2017, cannot see RB getting rid of DK.
    Ferrari just has to buy out his contract…not sure if it would be a good move for Dan though.
    Joe and Grace spent a lot of time in the Ferrari hospitality area in Melbourne also.

PorscheF1
    Participant

I don’t think anyone is ‘going’ to Ferrari. They’re fine with Kimi. He’s a merchandising canon and is the perfect number two driver to Vettel.

If anything Kvyat has to make room for Verstappen. If Ricciardo is any clever he will also know going to Ferrari is the same as signing to be Vettel his number 2…

cannot see RB getting rid of DK

Why? Ricciardo’s doing much better. And Ricciardo has already indicated he may not be able to leave Red Bull next year.

bogaaaa
    Participant

I believe DR would be a bigger marketing earner for Ferrari than Kimi.. DR is Italian although 2nd gen but Italian..l think Ferrari knows he has cool head and a massive talent.. also Ferrari’s golden dream would be a Italian world Champion and he is more than capable..but l agree with Keith RB might be better for Dan.

PorscheF1
    Participant

Year after year it is Kimi who ends on yop in popularity polls so I doubt it. I also don’t think Ferrari care for an ‘italian’ world champion if he races under the Aussie flag…

@nosehair Being of Italian blood is one thing.

Actually identifying with Italians and getting them to identify with you might be a different thing, though. (but what do I know, I guess).

hunocsi
    Participant

It’s not like Ferrari or their fans ever cared about their drivers being Italian anyway…

bogaaaa
    Participant

The Perth Italian community seem to believe it is a done deal after Joe and Grace got back from Melbourne..maybe it’s Chinese whispers, and their hopeful thinking, But Joe being a ex racer himself has always bragged his boy will drive for Ferrari…not saying this rumour is Gospel, l don’t know the Ricciardo’s, but l know family’s who do and the Italian community is a buzz.

Strontium
    Participant

With regard to his Italian nationality, is it possible that a team might ask him to change his licence (and passport?) to be Italian so that he races under the Italian flag?

There’s a lot of talk about Nico Rosberg racing under the German flag for various team-related reasons, although I take these with a pinch of salt.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.