F1

Question about F1 Access

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

Hi guys,

I was thinking about subscribing to F1 Access for this coming year, but it’s not really clear to me how the subscription exactly works.

Can I use my subscription at multiple devices by just logging into my F1 account in the app, or is it device-bound?
    I actually want to give it to my dad as a birthday present, but obviously I would like to use it as well. My dad uses Android, I use iOS, hence the question. Clearly I’m not gonna pay €26,99 twice for one household. I hope we could just share the F1 account to which the description is linked.

Other question: I read something about being able to get the live timing on demand, is that still possible? That’d be great when I’m not able to watch a race live.

Also, is it even worth the money or not?

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

@joshdejager I don’t know about the device question but in terms of value for money I’ve found it very disappointing. There’s little more information beyond what you can get from the television broadcasts, and much of the additional stuff FOM seem to post on their Twitter account for free anyway. The 3D track map looks good but is actually quite clumsy to use and I don’t think the data in it is that reliable – cars seem to skip and jump all around the track. If you look at it wondering ‘can this guy pit and come out in front of this guy?’ it’s often misleading.

For me the crucial question is this: do I actually look at it much during F1 sessions? And the answer is no – hardly at all, in fact.

Josh
    Participant

Thanks Keith, that’s useful information. You might be right about the time spent looking at it, and thus not being worth the money. However interesting the data might be, there’s obviously only so much a person can comprehend while also focusing on the tv as well.

Might give it a shot for a month though, but I won’t take the annual subscription right away then. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.