Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

abu dhabi 2016 newbie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jon
    Participant

Hi all. I’m new to the site so sorry if I’m asking any stupid questions. Me and the Mrs are going to dubai in Nov 2016, I want to go to the f1. Where’s the best place to buy tickets from (I’m aware they’re not available yet) as there is a number of websites online. Also, is what I’ve read saying that abu dhabi is most expensive? Tickets start at £350 and no race day only tickets available??

Thanks

PorscheF1
    Participant

You can easily buy them from the official F1 site. I haven’t checked all prices but I don’t think the Dubai race is the most expensive. Either way it’s a great event to visit.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Tickets can be bought directly from the circuit, which we did last year, or as in previous years bookf1 but you pay their handling charge and tickets tend to arrive a couple of weeks before – direct from the circuit they arrived far earlier and will book direct again as it was easy to do. They were also able to accommodate our seating request.

They do not sell race day only tickets they have to be either 3 day or a 2 day. The tickets are not the most expensive in fact for the cost they are very reasonable especially if you book the early bird tickets – seem to think it cost us about £270 each last year for 3 days which gives you pit lane walk on Thursday pm, this is only for 3 day tickets, 3 days track action and the after race concerts so when all factored in a bargain.

Triples
    Participant

Help – I’ve purchased tickets from the official website of the Yasmarina circuit but the website only gives me the option to choose the grandstand but not the seat numbers or even the section! I’ve emailed the site and they told them that the seats are chosen automatically by the system and there are no options or choices to pick the ones I want ! !? Is that true ? Can someone please help ? It doesn’t make sense !

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Triples

If you want specific seats you need to call the booking line number at the circuit rather than use the web site to book your tickets. I am not sure if you have already booked your tickets if they can change them – think they are separate systems.

Caroline

Emmy Quinn
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m going to book some seats tomorrow. I’m wanting to be in the South Grandstand but wanted advice on specifically where if possible.

I’d read that for some of the stands it’s better to be in the upper sections, is this true of the South Grandstand? Can anyone recommend any specific rows and sections would be good? We were really quite spoilt at the Hungaroring (Silver 2) so want to replicate that if possible (only with cover/shade).

How quickly are the tickets posted? We’re moving to Dubai in August but don’t have a delivery address there and our Hungarian GP tickets took several months to arrive.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Emmy

Upper South are the best seats and as high up as possible but suggest you ring the ticket line rather than book online as they will be able to look for the best seats that are still available. Ideally you need to be in the block as near to the Marina grandstand as if you are high up you can see down the back straight, into the hairpin then all the way up the track until they go under the hotel – lower down you still have good views but higher up yiu see that bit more.

The row and tickets we wanted this year had already gone so it is a case of what is available as early bird tickets went on sale a few weeks and 30% discount is an incentive for people to get booking.

Tickets directly from the circuit arrived with us end of September last year as opposed to using ticket booking services which tend to be a couple of weeks before.

They have also changed this year re the concerts as already announced 2 acts with the others due in the next few weeks rather than September early October. So far Chemical Brothers and Rhianna. These are all in with your tickets so 3 day tickets get you pit lane walk on Thursday then 3 days racing action and 4 concerts.

Emmy Quinn
    Participant

Thanks Caroline!

I booked this morning. South Grandstand S-07 H18 and 19!

Getting very excited now.

They’ve said that I can change my postal address with them when I arrive in Dubai.

Emmy Quinn
    Participant

Hi all,

Do you know if the payment is taken immediately? I paid for the tickets nearly 2 weeks ago and no payment has shown up on my card. Beginning to worry that something has gone amiss. Called my credit card company and there were no pending payments.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

I would contact the circuit quoting your booking reference. My payment was taken straight away.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.