Going to the Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

There is cheap lodging in Montreal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m finally going to a GP race. Wanted to go to Austin as I live in the US, but looks like it’s not going to happen. Sooo I’m going to Montreal. I wanted to spend my money on tickets (bought grandstand 1 even if all you can see is the pits.) and activities not lodging. So I found this site where people rent out their homes for a lot less money. You can rent a whole house, or just a room in a house. Most hotels if there are any left, and it’s still 7 months away, are anywhere from $300 a night and up. I’m staying in a nice victorian flat in Westmount, sleeps up to 4 with kitchen for $400 for 6 nights. Check it out /www.airbnb.com/

MRPiGoiL
    Participant

Good stuff Shirleen! B&B are definitely likely the lowest cost for lodging.

It’s my first GP too, but I’ve been to Montreal many times for both leisure and business. A couple times during Jazz Festival and Comedy Festival. Downtown and Old Montreal are the places you want to be. I can only imagine GP in town, atmosphere must be even better. Everything is within walking distance and use the subway. The costs are justified a bit when factoring in car rental/gas/parking/insurance/valet, or taxi fares, when living far away, and the traffic jams will be abundant and parking limited. Of course, the limited time you have there, spending it in the car driving/parking would blow a couple of my emotional fuses :)

That’s my two cents with previous experience in this city.

Nicolas
    Participant

Last year, my friends stayed at the student residence at Concordia U – the Grey Nuns I think it is called. For around 70 bucks a night the two of them had a private room to themselves, although they did have to share the bathroom (like most college dorms). They’re downtown, close to the subway, and a few blocks away from all the parties on Crescent Street. For the price, they were shocked at how large, clean and not-busy the place was! Whenever I travel in summer, student residences are the places I check first for accommodation. I know the other university residences in Montreal fill up quickly, but Concordia’s is apparently new so nobody knows about it! Hope that helps – they’ve reserved again for this year!

Here’s the website for Concordia: http://vpservices.concordia.ca/summerhousing/

Cheers! Nicolas in MTL

jhoade
    Participant

I can offer my flat my people who are coming in Montreal for the the GP. See the folowing link. http://vacations.kijiji.ca/c-Canada-Quebec-Montreal-Appartement-meuble-weekend-Formule-1-W0QQAdIdZ375994463
    Cheers. Jho

F1antics
    Participant

I’m paying about £67 per suite per night at the Candlewood Suites. I’ve not stayed there before (I normally stay at the Hyatt or the Westin) so don’t know how good it is. Reviews are mixed (and it hasn’t got a pool), but it has a separate bedroom/living room, and a full kitchen, and it’s downtown, so it looks good value for over the GP weekend.

any one still looking for rooms the Lord Berri Hotel has rooms available at affordable prices, well situated , next to the subway, 2 blocks from ole Montreal. any one wanted a room please call the Lord Berri Hotel 514 845 9236 ext 201 , I would be happy to work out a great price for your stay.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.